Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maya Bass Guitar Mystery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itchigo
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Maya Bass Guitar Mystery Reply with quote

WWW.MAYABASSGUITAR.WORDPRESS.COM

This Maya Bass guitar that was bought in a small classical music shop, in Leamington Spa, England: It was made around the early 1970s.

I bought the guitar with a new hard case, which was unfortunately lost. Originally it had a raised, black scratch board and chrome hand rest, which have been mislaid over the years. In my naivety, as to being a left handed player who plays a right handed guitar, I had the control pots swapped over and a three way switch added. Hence, the three open pot holes. Also two block dimarzio pick-ups added.

Finding information out about Maya Company has been extremely difficult.
I have played in many bands over the years, and met many fabulous musicians, also a partial international search; no one as yet has been able to enlighten me further on any information that I don?t already know about this Maya Bass Guitar (this is not an ?El Maya?).

If anyone has one of these bass guitars, or knows anything of its origins, regardless of what the information may be, I would be truly grateful. Please go to my blog WWW.MAYABASSGUITAR.WORDPRESS.COM to see more!

bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya and El Maya were made by Chusin Rokkoman.El Maya are just more upmarket versions of Maya guitars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: