Mismatched Goldstar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261545876826&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123 I think this Goldie is made of two different models with pickups from a third guitar. 4 digit neck plate denotes a maple necked St 60..1984 st 60s were fitted with E or U stamped pickups not unstamped.These pickups look like Fernandes.The rosewood neck belongs to a guitar with an L plus 5 digit stamped neckplate and a black white 3 ply plateThe body and neck codes should match if both neck and body are from the same guitar.My guess is they don't. What does anybody else think?

Apart from the pickups and the pickguard, it all looks correct to me. The original pickguard was probably a white-black-white 11 hole, since you can see the holes present. The current pickguard will have been a replacement.

I haven't seen these unstamped pickups on a Tokai before, but the control plate and everything else looks correct.

Latest posts

Back