Just won a Breezy on eBay!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colourofsound

Reaction score
So, I just plumped for this on ebay, and secured it at a good price (I think)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Breezysound-Electric-Guitar-Made-in-Japan-/201132114294?nma=true&si=P8ecU47ei%252FE8jK2CSE4QvNDP4ys%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My research has lead to be believe that this guitar dates from anytime between 1985 and 1995(!)

Can anyone take a look and narrow it down for me? The colour is fairly unique (only seen it once before) so I'm hoping that will be a good identifier.

It's not in my possession yet, pick it up on Friday.

Thanks!

Hi
Congrats nice guitar, I saw it and would have bid except it was collection in person and too far away for me. Sorry can't help with the dating though

It doesn't appear to have a serial number so I would guess it's 90s rather than 80s. It was early 90s, I believe, when Tokai stopped putting serial numbers on their F-style guitars.

that was my thoughts too. I was hoping it would be an 85, that was the year I was after, but the finish on this was too good to pass up.

I'm hoping the quality of the 90's instruments is decent...?

Also anyone know about these bound models? Seems to be a higher spec, kluson style Gotoh tuners and all that. would love some insight.

So I Emailed Tokai Directly...and this was their response!

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the precise pictures.
As I see the pictures, the body color seems Metaric Blue.

As the feature of the guitar express ATE55 MBL.
It is made in Japan and the production year could be around 1996.
There is the time we did not put S/N on the neck back.

The main specs are as follows.

Body:Alder 3P
Neck:Maple
P/U and Bridge is Tokai Original Parts made in Japan.
The machineheads are originally equipped SDF91-05M L.

Best regards.

Tokai Gakki Co.Ltd.

Pretty nice that they reply at all. Even more chuffed with the guitar now!

Cool that they sent you a reply. As for insight into your guitar .... i'll leave that up to you. Some players like old guitars, some nitro finished, one piece, two piece, multipiece. I can enjoy pretty much any kind with any finish or pieces, as long as i'm enjoying myself and it plays well, i'm happy.

Back