Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai guitars in Sweden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one buy Tokai guitars in Sweden? I currently own an Epiphone LP wich I´m not entirely satisfied with (finish flaws, feels a bit cheap). Are the Tokais better than Epiphones?

Thanks,
Peter

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tones']

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

I think most Tokai Love Rocks owners will agree that the Tokai's are better overall guitars than the Epi's. Maybe someone who has played both can provide a comparison for us.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Kenny ']

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned both and I have to say that the build quality if the Japanese Tokais are much better than the Epi's. But, the Japanese Tokai's also cost up to 400.00 more than the Epi's on the used market. The Epi's are comparable in build quality and price to the Korean Tokai's.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tokai is a more exakt copy of an gibson than the epiphone gibson.The epiphone feels much cheaper.But the epi that i used to had a very nice neck butt buzzed to much and it vas a brand new.I must say buy the tokai!!!You can reach me at my e-mail if you have any more questions!!!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'gibsonhater']

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2001 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own an Epiphone doubleneck 6/12 as well as a new 2001LE Love Rock. The neck profile, fretwork, finish & craftsmanship on the Tokai FAR OUTWEIGH that of the Epiphone. The pickups & electronics on the Epi are JUNK & I disposed of them apropriately. Unfortunately, I did not cut out all of the wiring which is restricting it, but FOUR Seymour Duncans make it a much better instrument. The Tokai, however, has a SHIELDED CAVITY & the all around feeling of a finer instrument. There has been discussion on this site about where these instruments are made, but I really don't care. Since I am a Stratcat, I have no intention of buying a "real" LP, so this is as close as I'm going to get. I can't wait to see how 2 Duncans make my Love Rock sound. The Tokai's are better than the Epi's HANDS DOWN.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokai's aren't available in Sweden today but you can buy them from Finland. For example Musa Pörssi sells them: http://www.musaporssi.fi/ - but not everybody likes the different design, the body is made of aluminum btw (price 8.500 SEK). I don't know about the korean models but the japan made guitars are excellent. I have a Tokai TTE50 '64 Tele replica that is much better than the '64 Fender Tele I once owned (not a reissue, the real deal).

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Christer Wester']

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new Tokai Love Rock for sale in Sweden for those who are interested. The price is 13900 SEK (approx $1390). You'll find it at: http://www.jam.se
At that price it's definitely a Japanese Tokai.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot my Adress the Last Time: C_wester@hotmail.com .By the way theres no problem here in finland if you want to purchase a
japan or korean modell Tokai.There seems to be alot of sweeds her i talk swedish myself so if you got questions ramble on.And go buy a cd of Peter Green`s Fleetwood mac(The early Fleetwood Mac)

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Christer Wester']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: