Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomson Splendor Series Mustang Copy Restoration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadmuska
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Tomson Splendor Series Mustang Copy Restoration Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Im restoring a Tomson Splendor Series Mustang Copy.

ive got the guitar as "dead", it was just lying outside the sun on a warehouse sale.there's is no serial number and some missing parts. but the original pickups i manage to make it work again. IM excited to do the full restoration.or just make the guitar playable again, at least.

there is'nt much of the information about this guitar.All i know about this guitar from some links, that this Tomson Japanese company appeared more than 40 years ago. Products of this brand could be ordered by mail in the 70s-80s of the last century.

by the way, i find the pickups and the bridge interesting, this is the first time ive seen this. its so difficult to open the pickup from its cover, its sealed permanently, but from a small holes, it looks like there are no wires as to what a common pickup has. it sound more of a microphone, when i tested the pickups while tapping it with a screw driver with an amp. but still, im not sure with my findings. .

Have anyone seen this guitar before? can somebody tell me the year of this manufacturing? any thought of this guitars? thanks

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: