MIJ Breezysound No Serial number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_Zarkadas

Reaction score
found a breezysound tele with no serial number anywhere, the base of the neck is stamped "made in japan" and the seller claims to have bought the guitar form a collector who told him it was an 84-just shortly after
he wants 600 for the guitar, although with shipping it would be 700
does it look like a legitimate mid 80s breezysound?

http://s967.photobucket.com/user/valleybrookplace/media/TOKAIBREEZISOUND02_zps9914f2a9.jpg.html

this one looks better value????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-ATE82-Made-In-Japan-Tipo-Telecaster-/221439545348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item338ed35004

The headstock profile looks period correct but it's curious that there is no serial number anywhere.

Anybody else have some insight here?

Sure is a pretty one, looks brandy new.

mid 80s Breezys do have serial number neck plates, Deluxe stamped tuners, Tokai or Final Prospec stamped bridges

not an 84 or anywhere near

Yes, I agree
It is MIJ but probably built sometime from early 90s through to 2004.
If I remember correctly, I thing Tokai stopped putting s/ns on their F-style guitars in the 90s and this continued through to 2004/5 when they stopped making F-style guitars for a few years due to manufacturing for F Japan.

I have exactly the same guitar - no s/n and just a Made in Japan stamp...mine was bought new in 2004...great guitar for the money but 700 is too high...

i had a breezy with no serial number/made in japan stamped on neck, there is a thread somewhere on here which would, if i remember correctly, date it to 1989.
mine went for ?400, about a year ago, nice guitar.
had the wrong shaped headstock,ATE?

I got him down to 575 for guitar hard case and over seas shipping does anybody out there think I'd be making a mistake by taking this offer?
are the 90s-2000 Tokais still good quality instruments?

I've got a newer one also with no serial number, i bought it from a fellow forum member and it's really nice, mine has a satin finished neck which makes it effortless to play, quality was flawless. I don't think you'll regret your decision. Nice price to boot if the 575 is in $$$.

Enjoy

Back