• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai LS-80 BS (SOLD!)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono

Reaction score
Most of you probably recognise this one.
1979 brown sunburst Tokai LS-80 with rare solid flame top
Upgraded with Gibson classic 57s, CTS pots, NOS PIO 0.022uf caps.
Original hardware and plastics (repaired neck pickup ring), 1pc back, no breaks or issues, weighs 4.3kg. Comes with OHSC (pink lifton style in good condition).

Asking for sold plus shipping, will ship worldwide.

Newby question out of curiosity,

is the older model numbering different from current?

For example, is LS80, similar to what goes for LS80 nowadays?

Beautiful top, love it :)

hiya

not too sure about new tokai model denomination

LS80 in 1979 was approaching the higher end of the spectrum with vintage-correct headstock angle and laquer (not poly) finish, 1pc mahogany back and usually plain 2pc maple top but a few had flame and figure in the top :)

hope that goes some way to answering your question
i have a feeling that this would be equivalent to LS-150 or thereabouts in todays production as the number usually indicates price in yen and inflation etc etc

waver away my good man - where are you in the UK? try before you buy might sway you :)
this is a seriously sweet Les Paul that needs a good home as it isn't getting played much around these parts!

It's a killer guitar - I used to own it. At gigs I was always turning down offers for this guitar - sometimes for more than the asking price here.

thanks for all the interest
a local buyer is coming to look at it this afternoon so i'll be in touch if the sale falls through

Cancelled on the local buyer so a chap from London could take it off my hands - sounds like is it going to a great home in the hands of snakeyhips!
Sad to see it go but needs must!

Sold and collected today - looking forward to the NGD thread with photos of snakeyhips' other beauties!

Latest posts

Back