Help dating Tokai Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtwothree

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would appreciate some help dating/find model no. of this:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161277599821

Thanks

Hi,

it?s a TE-50.
Looks legit.
Serial is the right type for a rw board TE-50. It?s more likely a 1984/85 guitar than 1983, but the serial does not provide exact info about that.
Logo looks to be positioned a bit far on the right, but that does not have to mean anything

specs are usually:
2-3 piece body + poly finish
U-Neck
TEB-Pickups

Thanks so much for the feedback. I also noticed the far-right positioning of the logo decal and thought this was a bit odd!

yes, it looks odd. If the logo is original or a repro .. I can?t tell

I have logged another TE-50 with rw board with a similar serial number (L103xx) and the logo is positioned a bit differently
Tokai "T" starts where the D-tuner is located
can send you a pic if you PM me your email

the rest of the guitar & electronics look authentic to me
the stamp in the electronics cavity looks right, too

if it?s not to late try to ask the seller for other body / neck stamps & if there are stamps on the back of the pickups

Hi Len,

The seller gave me this info when I asked:
"All I can see is BL 4=4. I assume this is BL for blonde and 4/4 scale of guitar? I haven't looked under the bridge pickup but can't see nothing under the neck pickup."

I'm keen to ensure it's genuine before bidding and is an 83-85 model. Whatcha recon?

Thanks

BL means Blonde
4=4 is a Tokai production code , there should be a similar or matching stamp on the neck heel

I can?t give you a guarantee of course...
..for me all looks legit for an 80s TE-50, except the logo positioning which looks a bit odd

can?t help you with more details than already listed in the previous posts

there are a few things that would be good to know (photos of the pickups, cavities, neck heel stamp)
pickups should have TEB stamped underneath but stamps can wear out or pickups can be changed
wiring (switch, pots, capacitors) looks exactly like on other mid 80s TE-50s that I?ve seen as I said before
as you see there is also a little ?treble bleed? capacitor next to the green one. that is part of the original wiring Tokai used back in the 80s

Latest posts

Back