1978 Tokai LS100 Reborn

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
Like Jacco I should at least share my latest LP since this is the Tokai forum after all. Around 4,1 Kg weight and like the '79 LS120 Reborn this is a great LP in every aspect. Pics with permission from Mark/Villager.

DSCF1461_zpsed813a9e.jpg

DSCF1451_zps99d24593.jpg

DSCF1466_zpseb727718.jpg

Very nice, thanks for sharing. :wink:
(I usually prefer LP?s without the pick guard , but with those white pu?s, I think it looks better with the pick guard on.)

Can I ask a question - other than looks are they any better players than the lower end LS50's for example?

I have two, entry level LS50 Reborn Old and LS60 LPReborn - as I have never played any others, can anyone tell me if there is massive difference in sound or playability?? Mine are both hot rodded, so I would like them to take the Pepsi challenge...

My CSB LS60 has a really subtle top, two piece, nice blend of colours.... but this guitar is very beautiful, a better top than mine. The sunshine in the top shot makes the colours far too vivid, better in the bottom by far and i agree about the pick guard, its essential to the look.

Congratulations Thomas !

8bit Barry said:
other than looks are they any better players than the lower end LS50's for example?

LS-100+ usually have Dimarzio pickups and base models have Gotohs.

Whether Dimarzios sound better or not is really up for debate.
I've personally never liked Dimarzio Super Distortions, but their PAF's are OK.

Despite minor differences from guitar to guitar , materials and construction wise, they sound fairly similar to me.
Both of my LS-60's are light , and resonant at under 9lbs each.
Some might argue more select woods were used on premium models and base models got what was left over, the good, the bad or a mix of both.
Tokai may have used the bad for winter heat :wink:
We'll never know.

Back