Blackstar ID core ...prepare to be amazed !!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jockai

Reaction score
I was looking for a new practice amp and thought i'd take a punt on the new Blackstar ID core 10 , it's a 2x5w stereo amp with 6 gain stages , phaser chorus flanger and tremolo , 4 delays and 4 reverbs ....all for ?89 thats about 140 USD .....and it's sounds amazing , you have to try one Tokai fans

Love from Scotland :D xxx

I just bought one today, and I suitably am amazed.

I already have Mustang Mini and Vox DA5, this Blackstar is a worthy challenger. Have you tried the software yet?

it's brilliant isn't it , the perfect little amp for a jam , learning a lick , pissing around while watching the telly etc ......

however there is something very clever going on here ...i bought a "super wide stereo " player years ago , and all it did was put the stereo signal "out of phase "....

this is totally different it seems to keep the original signal but phase the fx

either way it's amazing what they've done !!

i wish i'd had one when i was 16

it's a game changer ...

in fact i might say that Blackstar and Tokai are to Marshall and Fender and Gibson etc

Love

Jock X

Now you've had them for a while, what do you think of them? Did you both get the 10 watt version? Are they pedal friendly?

Yes and yes!

Tonight I tried the 10 watt Core ID with distortion pedal followed by an overdrive and then I tried a compressor. No problems.

Am still loving this amp, but I am not convinced the larger Core models would be worthy of gigging on account of the small speakers. The other standard ID models should be fine for that.

I don't think anybody would be disappointed with the Core ID 10.

I am amazed! Got the 20 watt model on Saturday. Love the stereo. Experimenting with different amp placements. Can you disable the noise gate on the OD settings?

Latest posts

Back