Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brokentoes
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 1226
Location: Bronte by the Sea, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty pool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jawilluk
Guitar God


Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Posts: 433
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
Yep, indeed.
So he made a mistake and has to correct that with the buyer. No excuses left.

+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JVsearch
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2017
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the buyer was shown that FB video before doing the deal, then it is game over.

Seller has either made a mistake, or deliberately deceived the buyer.

I guess the more guitars you have go through your hands the more likely it is you can make a mistake with one of them, especially as this guitar isn't one of his high end ones.

Personally I did try to buy a guitar from this seller on ebay some time back, but I gave up when my questions were not fully answered. Watched the guitar for another couple of months and then somebody else bought it.
_________________
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wingtip4
Plucker


Joined: 09 Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: S Reply with quote

Still sounds like a translation problem with the dealer perhaps using the same description used for a Greco, which could have pancake body, and it got stuck it on the Burny ad.
_________________
Mountains of Kentucky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wulfman
Guitar God


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 867
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koiz also has this one listed incorrectly so hopefully he will change his listing.

It is an EG-900 'Super Real' as in the catalog for 1980 and not a Custom order EGF-1000. No Brazilian board either.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Greco-Super-Real-EGF-1000-Custom-Orderd-Color-Model-Japan-made-Guitar-/111307430274?pt=Guitar&hash=item19ea709982

I'd be happy to provide catalog scans if he needs them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jacco
Guitar God


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2871
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's a 900.
And it shows the problem with Japanese sellers. 98% of them don't know what they are selling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wulfman
Guitar God


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 867
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the MIJ Phd. exam is something that nobody can score 100% on without a little help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jacco
Guitar God


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2871
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but this is basic knowledge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wulfman
Guitar God


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 867
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure it is from the MIJ 101 course, but I agree that an experienced seller should know the info or know where to find it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jacco
Guitar God


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2871
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't like in this case is saying it is a custom colour order.
He could at least have checked the catalogs if didn't know what it was. Results within one minute web search. Don't just write something.
And he knows the F stands for flame top.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
I still will be buying from Sat.

Why doesn't the OP show the PM between him and Sat prior to buying?


Good luck to you. But remember to ask him to pack your guitar sufficiently. 'Cause when mine arrived it was it a thin guitar bag with no cushion, offering as much protection to the guitar as my shopping bag ( no kidding and no exaggeration here ), then wrapped by two layers of bubble wrap and put directly into a box, no plastic peanuts, just a couple of bubble wrap rolled up into a ball. I was surprised that the guitar arrived in one piece; actually come to think about it I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrazenPicker wrote:
+1 to the above post. It could have been an honest mistake at first, but the deflection and abuse hurled at the buyer is totally out of line. Belittling comments about the buyer only knowing three chords, bringing in the Chinese thing, bragging about his pro player guitar customer in the US, Samurai roots.... what a guy!


That's just his Samurai spirit working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JVsearch
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2017
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javamusic wrote:
...I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance?

That would be your responsibility in a sale like this. On ebay, things are not as simple regarding insurance, although ebay policy is that it is the seller's responsibility.

In real life, if you want insurance you have to ask for it, and probably pay the extra for it.

I am sorry that Sat has misled you over the sale, but I doubt he will be able to sell another guitar to anyone that visits this forum.
In the end, at least you weren't totally scammed out of your money.
_________________
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jacco
Guitar God


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2871
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javamusic wrote:

Good luck to you. But remember to ask him to pack your guitar sufficiently. 'Cause when mine arrived it was it a thin guitar bag with no cushion, offering as much protection to the guitar as my shopping bag ( no kidding and no exaggeration here ), then wrapped by two layers of bubble wrap and put directly into a box, no plastic peanuts, just a couple of bubble wrap rolled up into a ball. I was surprised that the guitar arrived in one piece; actually come to think about it I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance?


I have quite the opposite experience.
Pics or it didn't happen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
javamusic wrote:

Good luck to you. But remember to ask him to pack your guitar sufficiently. 'Cause when mine arrived it was it a thin guitar bag with no cushion, offering as much protection to the guitar as my shopping bag ( no kidding and no exaggeration here ), then wrapped by two layers of bubble wrap and put directly into a box, no plastic peanuts, just a couple of bubble wrap rolled up into a ball. I was surprised that the guitar arrived in one piece; actually come to think about it I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance?


I have quite the opposite experience.
Pics or it didn't happen


The zipper on the bag broke the day I got it so it was thrown away, but I can post a pic showing the box and the packaging.

How can I upload pics?[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group