Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly!

v bad karma if you ask me
funkilius
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAT is digging a hole for himself by posting all over the place.........let him keep digging
jl1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dont see the point in the dishonesty

he would have sold it anyway to the right buyer by telling the actual specs anyway so everyone would have been happy , he would have had his profit etc etc

life's too short
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that the buyer did buy direct from Koiz and not through Ebay? Why is he referring to the Ebay add?
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He contacted him directly and bought the guitar based on the description in the Ebay ad. Since the guitar was already described in the Ebay listing he assumed it would be a 1-piece back as it was listed.

Totally agree with the buyer here, Sat had it for sale with a public listing and it was bought based on that. Bringing the "nationality" of the buyer into it just pulls the whole mess in the wrong direction IMO.

Last edited by wulfman on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Mono
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but unfortunately for the buyer he opted out of the protection that buying through eBay can provide... and now he has no way to get a return/refund other than to harass Sat...
lento
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read in a previous post he went through Paypal.
I just had the misfortune to buy an "LS 150" through Gumtree and paid through Paypal using "for goods or services".

I knew it wasn't a 150 when it arrived, so filed a dispute. After a few days of not receiving satisfaction from the seller's replies (he did offer a partial refund, but I wanted a total refund) I escalated it to a claim. Had to provide written evidence from a dealer, luthier or other professional accreditation and submit it to the Paypal "judge and jury"!

It took a couple of months but I got all my money and shipping back, but had to return at my own expense.

Whether this can be done internationally ? But not going through Ebay wasn't a problem.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:
He contacted him directly and bought the guitar based on the description in the Ebay ad. Since the guitar was already described in the Ebay listing he assumed it would be a 1-piece back as it was listed.

It is incorrect to assume that. There were additional representations made in a private discussion that brought about the sale.

I don't know what was said, but it seems that the buyer genuinely thought they were getting a one piece back guitar.

There is some vagueness to this statement by the seller:
"this guitar is center 2 P solid maple and solid moho back".

"solid moho back" does not necessarily mean solid single piece of moho, not in these days of swiss cheese and chambered LPs. You can still have a 2 piece back,
but the unique selling point is that the two pieces are made out of solid pieces of moho.

Is it reasonable to think that a buyer would have missed this very small but important difference? I think it is reasonable, given the existence of the previous description of the guitar,
and that the buyer isn't a guitar dealer (are you?).

On the other hand it's just an example of the sales technique: what I'm not saying is more important than what I am saying.

Seller should cut their losses and accept it back IMO, but if they can work something out between themselves that would be best.
javamusic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:

Totally agree with the buyer here, Sat had it for sale with a public listing and it was bought based on that. Bringing the "nationality" of the buyer into it just pulls the whole mess in the wrong direction IMO.

Yes, this is the case.
blindblake
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would urge people not to use any dealers and buy direct from yahoo auctions or digimart its easy ... Dealers just inflate prices. A lot of the time as well they buy guitars in poor condition do them up and sell them at a large profit. Buy a beaten up one cheap direct from digimart or yahoo auctions and take it to your local luthier if you dont know how to fix up a guitar
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would urge people to use a reputable dealer, with a no quibble return policy, that way you get a guitar with no issues that has been vetted, and set up properly, if there is a problem there should be a written return policy available, which should be evident before you buy the guitar,
yes you pay more but you are buying experience, expertise, and peace of mind..

and I make some money of course..

or buy a beaten up one, take it to a luthier, and end up paying the same as you would for one in good condition from a dealer!!

from the quote above

"A lot of the time as well they buy guitars in poor condition do them up and sell them at a large profit."

simply not the case, its far too time consuming, costly and difficult to do this, in fact I know pretty well all the dealers, and NONE of them do this, its more likely to be an enthusiastic amateur luthier who can spend the money and the time to complete refinishes, refretting, or any other major work that a cheap, beaten up guitar would need, personally i would love to have the time and the skill to do this kind of work, but I don't and neither do most serious dealers.
blindblake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="villager"]I would urge people to use a reputable dealer, with a no quibble return policy, that way you get a guitar with no issues that has been vetted, and set up properly, if there is a problem there should be a written return policy available, which should be evident before you buy the guitar,
yes you pay more but you are buying experience, expertise, and peace of mind..

and I make some money of course..

or buy a beaten up one, take it to a luthier, and end up paying the same as you would for one in good condition

ok thats better put than I did...
blindblake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of Sat - I actually bought a guitar through him and he sent it through promptly and didn't charge much commission.

Just to give you another perspective

thanks
wingtip4
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Burny Reply with quote

I've found that a couple dealers go way out of their way to disseminate information on the forums and help people with questions. I understand the solid mahogany in the terms of pancake/hollow versus solid. But Burny didn't make hollow body LP's did they?
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they were not chambered
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: