Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blindowl
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Location: paris, france

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar Reply with quote

another fact that noone should buy from koiz !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mono
Guitar God


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 415
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought koiz's webshop and website were more of a "look but don't touch" emporium... shame it has come to this. hopefully Sat has the good sense and decency to make it right with this justifiably unhappy buyer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sat2013
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this chinese buyer contact me via my facebook page .
and buyer interest this guitar and wanna purchase it.

and I explain about this guitar to himdirectly before he decide to take it.
I did explain that
"this guitar is center 2 P solid maple and solid moho back".

He decide to take it.

this guitar is solid flame maple top.
and had great sounds.
good 1 K usd guitar this is.

and this buyer did start nega campaign on my facebook page.
I report this campaign to facebook as spam.
Facebook delete this nember ASAP.

page had over 1 k members.

https://www.facebook.com/Koiz.Japan?ref=hl

I reports so many news about Japan vintage guitars.
or Koiz collection reviews or sounds videos.

Well I still this price is fair price.

The buyer started this campaign to be despite the struggle in the PAYPAL.

that all.

I will report so much news via my FB Page .
Don't miss it.



Sat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8775
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat, with all due respect, from YOUR eBay posting here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-made-LP-with-Burny-VH-1-build-by-Japanese-Lutheir-Guitar-/171187749998?nma=true&si=Ti5ZbEBo2oc8IMqNBiKseSMNdNU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"Body: Center 2 P Solid maple with One P solid Mahogany."

It says ONE PIECE SOLID MAHOGANY for the back. Right??

Now that it is known to have a two piece back, if you look at the two photos showing the back of the guitar, you can see the center seam in the second photo. But if you didn't know it was there, it could easily be missed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat2013 wrote:
this chinese buyer contact me via my facebook page .
and buyer interest this guitar and wanna purchase it.

and I explain about this guitar to himdirectly before he decide to take it.
I did explain that
"this guitar is center 2 P solid maple and solid moho back".

He decide to take it.

this guitar is solid flame maple top.
and had great sounds.
good 1 K usd guitar this is.

and this buyer did start nega campaign on my facebook page.
I report this campaign to facebook as spam.
Facebook delete this nember ASAP.

page had over 1 k members.

https://www.facebook.com/Koiz.Japan?ref=hl

I reports so many news about Japan vintage guitars.
or Koiz collection reviews or sounds videos.

Well I still this price is fair price.

The buyer started this campaign to be despite the struggle in the PAYPAL.

that all.

I will report so much news via my FB Page .
Don't miss it.



Sat


I am from Hong Kong, not China. How boes my nationality has anything to do with this?

During our conversation on FB you never mentioned about the back, but I did ask if the top is solid flame maple, please check you FB message again.

Not a question if the price is fair, I am looking to buy a solid back but you misled me into buying this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wulfman
Guitar God


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 869
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see all the angst back and forth over the couple of hundred dollars in shipping cost for a return.

Good luck to both of you in resolving this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems buyer was basically conned. Listing is quite clear that its a one piece back. Buyer should have received a guitar as advertised. I would be very angry in the buyers shoes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jawilluk
Guitar God


Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Posts: 433
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a fair price if the buyer didn't get what he paid for. I think Koiz is risking a lot of business by not resolving this issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawilluk wrote:
It wasn't a fair price if the buyer didn't get what he paid for. I think Koiz is risking a lot of business by not resolving this issue.


Thank you guys, I hope Koiz gets my point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jl1
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Nov 2013
Posts: 76
Location: brigthon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would anyone buy from koiz after this? v bad form indeed. He's v clearly been caught out.

also seems to be generally symptomatic of japanese sellers at the moment who seem to take no shame in switching parts, covering up defects and misrepresenting pieces they are selling while at the same time time raising prices to take advantage of western buyers.

I have heard of several bad experiences similar to this one recently from guitar friends and the japanese can hide behind the distance to get away with it - what are you going to do realistically if your money is japan to get it back?

Honesty it seems is no longer a japanese virtue - bye bye the code of the samurai!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jl1 wrote:
why would anyone buy from koiz after this? v bad form indeed. He's v clearly been caught out.

also seems to be generally symptomatic of japanese sellers at the moment who seem to take no shame in switching parts, covering up defects and misrepresenting pieces they are selling while at the same time time raising prices to take advantage of western buyers.

I have heard of several bad experiences similar to this one recently from guitar friends and the japanese can hide behind the distance to get away with it - what are you going to do realistically if your money is japan to get it back?

Honesty it seems is no longer a japanese virtue - bye bye the code of the samurai!


Actually I bought a Martin Eric Clapton acoustic from TC Gakki about two years ago, the sales person told me it had original case but when it arrived I got an after market case. Also bad experience shopping oversea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jl1 wrote:
why would anyone buy from koiz after this? v bad form indeed. He's v clearly been caught out.

also seems to be generally symptomatic of japanese sellers at the moment who seem to take no shame in switching parts, covering up defects and misrepresenting pieces they are selling while at the same time time raising prices to take advantage of western buyers.

I have heard of several bad experiences similar to this one recently from guitar friends and the japanese can hide behind the distance to get away with it - what are you going to do realistically if your money is japan to get it back?

Honesty it seems is no longer a japanese virtue - bye bye the code of the samurai!


I am filing a complain to Paypal, hope that helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jl1
Guitar God


Joined: 03 Nov 2013
Posts: 76
Location: brigthon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest , thats not so bad. at least the guitar was real.

the stories ive heard include similar to this one with claimed 1 piece bodies that are actually 2-3 piece and it was masked out in the fotos

tokai strats that are claimed as all original and are partscasters (even one that had a non tokai body), switched necks and pickups, paint badly touched in so it doesnt show in the fotos, wrong serial nos etc

buyer beware im afraid is the order of the day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8775
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself... I've had no issues ever with anything I've bought from a Japanese seller..... just bought a couple from Ishibashi exactly as described, great price, fast shipping..... not a problem.

I've talked to Koiz a couple of times on guitars he's had for sale and he knows about guitars - find it hard to believe it was listed as a once piece back - UNLESS he made a mistake in the listing saying that it was a one piece back. If that's the case, then admit it and apologize - no harm in that. Then offer to take back the guitar with full refund OR offer a discount on it. Digging your feet in and hurling insults at an honest buyer who paid in good faith is not going to help matters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javamusic
Guitar God


Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Myself... I've had no issues ever with anything I've bought from a Japanese seller..... just bought a couple from Ishibashi exactly as described, great price, fast shipping..... not a problem.

I've talked to Koiz a couple of times on guitars he's had for sale and he knows about guitars - find it hard to believe it was listed as a once piece back - UNLESS he made a mistake in the listing saying that it was a one piece back. If that's the case, then admit it and apologize - no harm in that. Then offer to take back the guitar with full refund OR offer a discount on it. Digging your feet in and hurling insults at an honest buyer who paid in good faith is not going to help matters.


Instead of doing the right thing SAT is posting like mad to regain his territory in this forum.

I am not sure I will purchase from any Japanese dealer on the internet anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group