New Magnatones, EU release?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
They?re going to be presented at the Frankfurt musikmesse next month.
But I will not be able to visit the musikmesse this year, so no opportunity to test and hear.
I?m interested specifically in the stereo twilighter.
Any of you US guys had the chance to hear or play one?

Saw the lineup at the Dallas guitar show - someone was on the Twilighter and I didn't get a chance to test drive it. All I can say is that the new amps look and sound amazing (I have several of the old ones). They're expensive but there's nothing like them around.

Here's a good demo clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4HiRKMsLQ

Some very promising clips out there, here?s another one.
Some time ago, Jacco presented his old Magnatone 260 to me, but at that time I had just bought the Memphis, so I passed up.
If it?s somewhat in the same tonally line as its predecessor, a new model would be fine, I will be just about as happy as with an old one.

felixcatus said:
Some very promising clips out there, here?s another one.
Some time ago, Jacco presented his old Magnatone 260 to me, but at that time I had just bought the Memphis, so I passed up.
If it?s somewhat in the same tonally line as its predecessor, a new model would be fine, I will be just about as happy as with an old one.

I enjoyed that clip too. Myself, I'd buy one of the new ones - they really are quite nice.

My 260 was a killer amp Felix. A little boomy in the lower regions maybe but further an exceptional all round amp with a great tremolo. Also very solid build quality compared with other amps of the the era.
I bought a Bogner Mephisto last year and I have never looked back :). Sold all of my old amps since.

According to a European dealer, ?they are in progress to modify these amps for the European market and hopefully all amps are available early in 2014!?

Here's a review of one of the new models in the latest Premier Guitar magazine:

http://digital.premierguitar.com/premierguitar/201403_1#pg114

Now available in EU (and a few questions).

What are the benefits of a stereo combo amp in reference to the same type mono combo amp?
The stereo is 2x 22Watts with 2x12? speakers, the mono is 1x 22Watts with 1x12? speaker.
What do I gain tonally (besides the extra MID knob and more vibrato functions) if I would buy the (?600/$828) more expensive stereo model?

At the moment only the stereo is available at the shop. As soon as they are both (stereo and single) available, I?m going to try them out, so I can hear the difference and decide if the stereo is worth the extra cash.
It?s a long drive(1300km/800 miles, round trip) but at least it will save me the hassle of shipping and careless couriers.

Thanks Marcus, I'm looking forward to hear how it broadcasts Tokais. :D

I had to wait a while since the moment they came out in the US, took some time before the new models were available in Belgium.

Latest posts

Back