Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai LS neck profiles

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Tokai LS neck profiles Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm whether the neck profiles on the LS models is identical through the range and if so what sort of neck profiles do they have . I prefer thinner necks to baseball bats. For example my epi tribue plus has a 60s neck which i love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gordon
Guitar God


Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 204
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest you book a flight to tokio
or just buy a tokai already and if you don't fall in love with it let it go.
your risk is - if any - loosing maybe 100 quid.
I just saw a used HLS 160 VF for around 670 pounds shipped. including the case.
you will probably end up paying like 820 pounds.
and get the extra excitement of not knowing what the neck will be like.
On a 59 replica.
_________________
6 strings are more than enough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the passenger
Sus4add11


Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokai neck profile is in the middle between the '58-style "baseball bat" and the 60's slim neck on all MIJ LP-style models.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the passenger wrote:
Tokai neck profile is in the middle between the '58-style "baseball bat" and the 60's slim neck on all MIJ LP-style models.


cheers for the help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Paladin2019
Guitar God


Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely thicker than 60s profile but not a full on baseball bat.

Are you ever going to buy one? You are starting about 3 threads a day that just end up as a waste of time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JVsearch
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2017
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe trying to avoid the scenario where somebody buys a guitar and when they come on here they are greeted with a chorus of:

"you should have asked about x, y and z before you bought it"


_________________
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
Maybe trying to avoid the scenario where somebody buys a guitar and when they come on here they are greeted with a chorus of:

"you should have asked about x, y and z before you bought it"



exactly - I just want to do my homework before buying it. Most people here are very helpful
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Paladin2019
Guitar God


Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

ever see a classified as that said "no time wasters please?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jawilluk
Guitar God


Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Posts: 433
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experience of these Tokais:

1999 LS-320 - Similar neck to my LP Custom Lite and LP Supreme - I believe that is 60's slim taper.

1985 LS-60 - Neck similar to my LP custom - Slightly chunkier than 60's neck

2005 LS150 - Much chunkier than 60's neck although not a baseball bat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

ever see a classified as that said "no time wasters please?"


i beg your pardon - i have not strung anyone along - the agreed sale i did have for the white tokai was pulled out from underneath me as the seller sold it elsewhere despite an agreed sale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JVsearch
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2017
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to forgive most of the people on here, as they would not be able to understand why anyone wouldn't immediately buy a Tokai guitar.

But of course they have a lot of experience with them already.

As a newcomer, you are right to proceed slowly, and without blindly believing statements on the internet from people you don't know.
Generally, as long as the guitar is sound the build quality will be excellent with Tokais.
_________________
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paladin2019
Guitar God


Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshinewelly wrote:
Paladin2019 wrote:
Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

ever see a classified as that said "no time wasters please?"


i beg your pardon - i have not strung anyone along - the agreed sale i did have for the white tokai was pulled out from underneath me as the seller sold it elsewhere despite an agreed sale.


And the quilted one?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshinewelly
Sus4add11


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
sunshinewelly wrote:
Paladin2019 wrote:
Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

ever see a classified as that said "no time wasters please?"


i beg your pardon - i have not strung anyone along - the agreed sale i did have for the white tokai was pulled out from underneath me as the seller sold it elsewhere despite an agreed sale.


And the quilted one?


Not that it is any business of yours but i have spoken to the seller about that guitar and if its not sold in the interim (which its likely to) then i will add that one to my collection once funds allow. I suggest you get a life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Paladin2019
Guitar God


Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a guitar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattim
Guitar God


Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Posts: 220
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some references for Japanesse LS necks

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/showphoto.php/photo/23831/title/guitar-neck-comparison/cat/1043

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/showphoto.php/photo/23307/title/img-9410/cat/1043

Do your homework

Matti
_________________
Backyard of Parliament

Tokai HES180 2013
Tokai LS-150 VF 2009
Tokai FA 235 VF 2009
Also other 4-6-string instruments
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group