advice on tokai LS160

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions on the LS160 model.

1. Is this the same guitar as Tokai LS1-R8 (i assume the LS1 R8 is an import)
2. some sites list the tokai LS160 as a reborn model rather than a love rocks - why is that
3. is the premium series tokai noticably different to the vintage series
4. would a ls160 come with a case as standard
5. the new ls160 models i have seen seen to come with the same pups as the vintage models ie mk 2

cheers

Here's a link to a fairly recent catalog. Certain stores in Japan custom order models as is the same as the German distributor, also, there seems to be slightly different specs for U.K. models. Its very confusing but the catalog gives you most of the basics to start with.

http://www.tokaiguitars.co.za/cat.html

1. no idea.
2. different years. model numbers rise over time and eventually overlap.
3. yes, much closer to vintage Gibsons in spec.
4. I would have thought so, but check with the seller. some can be cheeky.
5. yes

sunshinewelly said:

2. some sites list the tokai LS160 as a reborn model rather than a love rocks - why is that
5. the new ls160 models i have seen seen to come with the same pups as the vintage models ie mk 2

cheers

4. Year 2010 LS160 includes a Case, it might be possible that Year 2014 LS160 does not include a case. Tokai model numbers are following the price of the guitars in Japan. Inflation ....

sunshinewelly said:

cheers

1) There's no such thing as "Import" or "Export"...all the same guitars with different headstocks depending on country.

2) I have "Love Rock" models in stock and I have "Reborn Old" models in stock, they're identical guitars, just different script on the headstock.

3) It has some different specs, like one piece body, CTS pots, Switchcraft switch, brass saddles and aluminium tailpiece.
If you played both a Premium Series and Vintage Series blindfolded you would NOT know the difference.

4) If the distributor decides to include the price of a case in the total price of the guitar then yes it should come with a case.
However, some dealers offer/charge for a case separately because they didn't include it in the selling price.
EVERY Tokai should come with a case.

5) Yes, Premium Series LS160s come with the same pickups as the Vintage Series models.

Please buy a Tokai already, from anyone, but just go for it. :D

just wanted to thank everyone here who kindly offered me advice on tokai guitars.

i have now taken delivery of a cracking ls160 which i love

dont know how to post an image but its a fantastic guitar.

again thanks to everyone who put up with my queries[/url]

Congrats on your New Guitar Day, lol, she'll always be your Valentine.

How to post photo's

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20359

20140215_011145_zpsaija9lsr.jpg

Back