Middle Men in Japan?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimus

Reaction score
Hello all, new member.

I'm located in the US and wondering if anyone has sorted out a reliable, affordable solution to the middle man dilemma?

Seems like there's enough global interest in JV guitars for some competition to arise for the very few individuals operating as middle men.

If you have recommendations you care to share I'd appreciate it.

Try Rinkya or Jauce

img57111856.jpg

img60579388.jpg

Shop wisely. These middle men can't / won't / don't want to contact buyers selling their stuff on Yahoo!Japan. All you have to go on is the description and photos the sellers provide.

cashcow said:
Shop wisely. These middle men can't / won't / don't want to contact buyers selling their stuff on Yahoo!Japan. All you have to go on is the description and photos the sellers provide.
Unless something has changed, Rinkya has a system for asking the seller questions. However it is a bit convoluted due to the multiple translations, so it takes time.

First thing with a Rinkya listing is always to get two different translations from the web then get Rinkya to do a translation of the listing if there are still questions (there usually is).
Then ask all your questions to the seller, and act quickly as there wont really be time for a back and forth.

Maybe I'm thinking of Jauce. I saw a listing and had a question. Contacted Jauce to see if they could contact seller. They said that they didn't do that but they got back to me a day or 2 later with the answer. :-?

cashcow said:
Maybe I'm thinking of Jauce. I saw a listing and had a question. Contacted Jauce to see if they could contact seller. They said that they didn't do that but they got back to me a day or 2 later with the answer. :-?
Oh yeah, the old "we can do it, but prefer not to" scenario... maybe they don't want to upset any sellers.

Rinkya may have changed since the last time I used it, and I remember one auction I bid on the seller cancelled the bid and barred the Rinkya ID.
When I told them about it they said don't worry we have some other IDs that wont reveal Rinkya is bidding.

So I guess there are some sellers on Yahoo that don't want to deal with Rinkya (or westerners maybe) at all.

Latest posts

Back