Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another ID my guitar thread......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdB999
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Another ID my guitar thread...... Reply with quote

Just picked up my first Tokai, she's in lovely condition (after a good clean up) and plays well.
The pickups have been replaced, with the front reversed ala Peter Green. Sounds fantastic

The serial starts 08 and from what I read that means it was produced around 2008.
Just wondering what model it maybe? More out of curiosity than anything, as I'll be hanging onto this one......

jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not made in Japan
Tokai1981
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
Well, it's not made in Japan

EdB999
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole made in America/ made in Japan thing is a bit lost on me..... you shouldn?t need a sticker to tell you how nice it is. I like the way this one plays and sounds so am not concerned if it was made by a little green Martian, in his spare time after a hard days probing

All I?ve been able to gather on this one though is its made in China or Korea and has a UK spec headstock. There is no model number on it or indeed any other markings other than the serial number on the back of the headstock.
Johny642000
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that country of manufacture shouldn't count against a guitar but if you ask people to identify a model, then the first thing to establish is whether MIJ, MIK or MIC...or Fake...

As your model has an 08 serial I would say that it is MIC - production of the standard series moved from Korea to China around 2005/06 and MIK's weren't stamped with a serial number in the 2000s...

As it is an LP Custom I would say your guitar is an LC53 - so check out the specs online and you'll know the basic materials and construction of your guitar...

Glad it plays well and you love it - that's the main thing about any instrument...

Best,

john.
LS75Q, ES130, Breezysound, Hardpuncher
1980 Silver Star SS48
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: