Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help Me ID My Burny I Just Purchased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sd1434
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Please Help Me ID My Burny I Just Purchased Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm new to MIJ guitars and I recently purchased a Burny FLG-90 Super Grade. Seller states it's a 1980 FLG-90, but the more research I do, I'm finding it could be a late 80's, possibly 89. I've read that the headstock on a 1980 should be blank with no Super Grade script. And the Super Grade script on mine sits lower consistent with late 80's based on my research. Also, no serial number stamped on back of headstock. The pickups look like they could be from the later 80's era VH1's with the gray wire from what I've read. It does have a solid flame maple top and long tenon neck. Also, it was refretted at some point and think it had FEB prior to refret. I haven't received the guitar yet, but just trying to clear up if this is a 1980 as seller states or what year it really is. Here is the photobucket link for pics.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/jvguitarotaku/slideshow/Burny%20FLG90
Voidoid56
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the wonderfully confusing world of Burny identification and dating.

I posted a similar query in the previous post here, and courtesy of jacco and other informed ppl, I?ve learned that the date codes on the pots will give you at least an earliest possible manufacture date. Check the thread for info and pics.

The long tenon is interesting, they seem quite rare in Burnys? We?ll see what the experts have to say on that.

good luck,

/Hans
'82 Tokai ST-60,'85 Tokai TTE-60 TM, '78 Fernandes FST-60, '87 Burny RLG-90, '88 Burny RLC-60, late 80's Burny RSA-100, '94 ObG LPS-57C, '66 Fender Tele, '95 MIM Fender HSS Strat, '11 Schecter Hellcat VI, '74 Ibanez Concord 693 Dove
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered the question on MLP forum!
Voidoid56
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I saw that now. Interesting guitar.
'82 Tokai ST-60,'85 Tokai TTE-60 TM, '78 Fernandes FST-60, '87 Burny RLG-90, '88 Burny RLC-60, late 80's Burny RSA-100, '94 ObG LPS-57C, '66 Fender Tele, '95 MIM Fender HSS Strat, '11 Schecter Hellcat VI, '74 Ibanez Concord 693 Dove
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: