• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S: 1983 Tokai 57 PAF Zebra pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russian Vadim

Reaction score
Taken from '83 Tokai Love Rock LS-80

Neck - 8,63 kOm
Bridge - 8,3 kOm

$100 + shipping (payment via PayPal)

w4mk.jpg

0h59.jpg

f7q3.jpg

Hi,

Could they have been mounted wrongly? I mean should the bridge PU not be slightly hotter than the neck one? From your information, it was the other way round...

Any other guys have a similar set up or is the neck always the hotter one?

Just curious....

Pitty that there doesn't seem to be a youtube vid showing these PU's off..

Regards,

Joop

Joop said:
Hi,

Could they have been mounted wrongly? I mean should the bridge PU not be slightly hotter than the neck one? From your information, it was the other way round...

Any other guys have a similar set up or is the neck always the hotter one?

Just curious....

Pitty that there doesn't seem to be a youtube vid showing these PU's off..

Regards,

Joop

I'm not sure If they were mounted wrongly. If it was the case then I'd thing it was the way the guitar came from the factory. A have a couple of short clips of my super-amateur noodling with them still in the LS80.

Close enough and these most likely came this way out of the parts bin - random chance.

I'm sure Tokai would not have tested individual pickups before mounting them. If the original owner found the neck pickup a bit too powerful, he'd just alter the pickup height to compensate.

Latest posts

Back