Post your Pets.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
Our cat turns 20 (human years) just about now.
I don?t know the exact date of birth, we adopted her from a shelter when she was around 3 months.

Happy birthday dear friend.

That's a nice looking cat. I've got a female Himalayan cat named Sassy that turned 15 on June 26th of this year.

Here's a photo I took of her on her birthday.

Kenmac said:
That's a nice looking cat. I've got a female Himalayan cat named Sassy that turned 15 on June 26th of this year.

Here's a photo I took of her on her birthday.

Lovely. My sister had a female Birman cat named Ivy that looked a lot like yours.

Congrats.... love your black kitty. I had one too... for 22 years. Meet Simon:

Now we have two American Bobtails (supposedly descended from Bobcats). The big brown boy (20 lbs) is Buster and the little silver girl is Trixie:

marcusnieman said:
Congrats.... love your black kitty. I had one too... for 22 years. Meet Simon:

They do like guitar cases don?t they? By the way, Simon sure has a striking resemblance to my cat.

marcusnieman said:
Now we have two American Bobtails (supposedly descended from Bobcats). The big brown boy (20 lbs) is Buster and the little silver girl is Trixie:

20lbs :eek: , that?s more than twice the weight of mine.

marcusnieman said:

Ain?t that a lovely sight?

They do like cases!!

I'd never been a cat person until my wife brought home Simon - he was a big boy too - that's an ES335 case he's in. He was a great cat. Yours reminded me a lot of him. Simon had a little patch of white on his neck... is yours all black?

The two we have now are a lot of fun - got them from a breeder when they were just babies. They're not brother and sister but born at the same time. Buster is the most loveable, friendly cat I've ever known - he hasn't met anyone he doesn't like. Trixie on the other hand is very wary and elusive - might be her maternal instinct. They're about 7 years old now.

She?s an "all black". :D

She's not so big, in fact she has very short legs.

She?s very friendly and tolerant to me and my family, but quite aggressive and intolerant to strangers and other animals trespassing her territory.
Although she has become milder an more tolerant with age.

She likes acoustic guitar, electric not so much. From the first notes played on an acoustic she comes over and stays close by.
Here she is while my friend is playing.

Question for owners of older cats. Have yours had any dental problems? I had to have my cat, who's about 14, have about half his teeth pulled. :eek: And the doctor wanted to remove all of them. I asked her how he was supposed to eat and she said that they adapt. I thought it sounded sort of extreme.

cashcow said:
Question for owners of older cats. Have yours had any dental problems? I had to have my cat, who's about 14, have about half his teeth pulled. :eek: And the doctor wanted to remove all of them. I asked her how he was supposed to eat and she said that they adapt. I thought it sounded sort of extreme.

Funny you ask.... Buster has had problems with is gums (Periodontal disease) and he's had a few teeth pulled because of it. It's hereditary and some cats can lose a bunch of teeth because of it. We have to brush his teeth and gums once a month and he HATES it.

Vet says like humans, some cats are more prone to tooth and gum problems. Soft food leaves tartar on their teeth...I try to feed them some dry food too to help remove it.

marcusnieman said:
Buster has an interesting way of sitting.... like an old man:

That photo is fantastic, great posture. 8)

Not only the way he?s sitting there. His expression is hilarious, lots of charisma.
I?ve watched that picture several times now, it keeps putting a smile on my face.

Thanks for posting and posing, Marcus and Buster.

PS that photo inspired me to change the topic title.

Nice looking cats guys, and I like Marley the dog. FWIW I know that there are some people who consider themselves to be "dog people" or "cat people" but I like all animals. Seeing as how felixcatus changed the topic title I'll post photos of my two other cats.

This is my Maine Coon, Samson. He was the first cat and I got him back in January, 2010. He's 6 years old.

You've already seen my Himalayan, Sassy. She was the second cat and I got her in March, 2010.

This is my other Maine Coon and her name is Cleo. She's 5 years old and I got her back in November, 2012.

BTW Marcus, I really like the way that Buster is sitting in that photo. My friend has a Maine Coon that sits the same way and you can't but smile when you see that. :)

marcusnieman said:
Your Maine Coons are gorgeous....

Thanks Marcus and all three of them are quite well behaved. There'll be the odd time where Samson will chase Sassy around but not out of anger. He'll get in the mood sometimes where he wants to play. :D BTW a friend of mine saw your photo of Buster and enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back