Rewiring my 1981 ES-100R, look what I found..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
I had a faulty pickup selector switch and wanted to change the pickups, so I chose to swap the complete harness while I was at it.

First surprise when I took out the original harness; mini pots!
Second surprise; PIO caps, the same as seen on LS-150 & 200 of that era.
Third suprise; no direct wiring of the pickups wire on the pot but via an extra lead attached to the pot. Not very classy.
Fourth surprise; I didn't have to enlarge the holes for the pots; the CTS pots did fit exactly!

Tip; when using the standard Switchcraft selctor switch, you need a broad ring for the threaded part of the switch will not pass through the hole in the top.

Here are some pics;

Thanks!
The Magnatone is a 1957 260 model, so it has 12AX7s in preamp and 5881s as power tubes. Sounds somewhat like an early plexi to my ears, so a dark sounding amp except it's a little more spongey because of the wood used for the cabinet. A bit more boomy bass and somehow takes pedals and humbuckers less well than a plexi. On the other hand the vibrato is out of this world beautiful, never have heard anything like it.
Sold it 6 weeks ago :)

Latest posts

Back