Tokai Breezysound TTE-55 from 1984 (natural finish).

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhoyoux

Reaction score
What do you think about it...?!

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1318.jpg

...in Mint - condition with all original pickups and hardware...For 550$...She's in Japan so, I have to add 250$ more (transport, tax). The guy say it's made in 1982 but I don't think so...

What do you think about "her" ?!

Is it a rare model ?!

It has its original pickups...

I would like to know how does it play...

mhoyoux said:
Is it a rare model ?!

It has its original pickups...

I would like to know how does it play...

No, not rare.... should play fine. Your first Tele? Here's my older 81 TE55 cousin to yours (sold it a few years ago):

mhoyoux said:
Nice nice !!

YOurs is sen ash ?!

The one I would like to buy looks like "alder"...

Yes... mine was sen/ash... real light weight. According to the 84 catalog, yours is alder. Here are the specs - yours is a TTE55-N(atural):

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm467/davidkw2001/1984TokaiTeles.jpg

Ok thanks.

I don't see much difference (except neck profile) between TTE-50, 70 an d 80...?!

mhoyoux said:
Ok thanks.

I don't see much difference (except neck profile) between TTE-50, 70 an d 80...?!

TTE80 is a bit of a more high end spec.... bakelite pickguard on the maple neck model, celluloid white for the rosewood neck. Pickups are different too.

i think they were also fewer pieces in the body the higher the model
my te85 is a 1 pc natural sen ash

Mono said:
i think they were also fewer pieces in the body the higher the model
my te85 is a 1 pc natural sen ash

Now that looks like something I could live with, what neck shape? I have a 1980 double bound TE70 with a 'c' neck, which I much prefer to the 'v'. Great stock p/ups in my experience.

Hey Mono,

Under the bridge plate of your TTE85 right below the pickup, it appears to have a pieced in piece of wood.... was it routed for something else?

Your bridge plate and saddles look brand new too... replacement?

Nice guitar...

yes it was routed for the dogears of a humbucker but i have amateurishly dowelled these and covered with some wood from under the scratchplate :)
it's a bodge job which i will have professionally fixed when she gets refretted
bridge in the photo is a new wilkinson with compensated saddles
she now sports a nicely aged fender with 3x brass saddles

Back