Help identifying guitar model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBVox

Reaction score
Hi all, I'd appreciate your help!

I have been offered this guitar as a swap for a '91 RG750 I have -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111040167581

The model number is obviously wrong, it's presumably an LS-95Q. The "amendment" to the headstock is a shame as these are great guitars anyway, but each to their own. The serial number is 0509901 I'm told, but it's not on the back of the headstock. The number dates it at 2005, but before I decide whether to do the swap I wanted to find out what exactly it was, if possible.

I've tried to use the registry and have found a few other LS95Q's on there but the numbers don't seem to tally so I'm no further forward.

I've got a fair few Gibsons in my collection so this would be a nice addition to see whether top end Tokai's are as good. Fancy a Reborn really, but I haven't come across one which I really fancy yet.

Hope to get some quick help as the guy wants to do the deal today.

Many thanks.

Bill :D

hi

I have an ls90q (written in the bridge pickup cavity)with an 08 serial no.which dates it from 2008........don't know if if this guitar was designated ls90q in 2005.....can you or seller get info from bridge pickup cavity??

also if the seller is in a hurry and putting pressure on me to do a deal i'd walk away from it......................

aside from all that ,i have to say my ls90q plays and sounds as good as any of the 2 gibsons i have so no worries on that front ............don't forget that old saying........Caveat Emptor...............

Back