• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: vintage MIJ LP.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I've caught the LP bug something rotton again and am looking for a high-spec vintage MIJ flame top LP to gig with.
I had an early '80s Greco EGF850 which sounded great but was a boat anchor, so I need something below 9lbs with solid top/woods, nitro finish, BRW fretboard preferably and fat neck being the key components- lemon drop, faded cherry or darkburst are my preference for colour.
I am also interested in Goldtop/P90 guitars..
Condition is not an issue as long as its a fantastic guitar and priced right, and I'm not concerned about originality as I have various vintage pickups i'll be fitting.
I'm looking to spend around ?900-1200 and am in Norwich/London so drop me a PM with what you have and lets see what we can work out.
Thanks! J@S

you wont get a solid flametop for that money, look at tokai LS-80 plaintops maybe...

or go for a veneer top then you are in the right ballpark..

have a look on my site, the ObG's sound like they would be getting close..

Thanks Villager- i have been looking at your site a lot recently and have been greatly swayed by your MIJ vintage info section.
I'm really looking for a lightweight, big necked player and want to keep my costs to a minimum (don't we all!) so beat/up modified guitars are welcome- let me know if you have something that might suit.
Cheers, J@S

Yup, live Jumping at Shadows haunted me in my youth and became my benchmark for PAF LP tone :wink: I met the man once when he came into the guitar shop i was working in- he was subdued and seemed pretty spaced out- still a huge honour, and i told him so.
I've been offered a Tokai Reborn Old goldtop with a cleanly repaired headbreak so far but am open to other suggestions.
Thanks, J@S

Back