Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai purchasing advice please! LS85F MIJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D3M0N1C
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evenin chaps,

Thanks for all the info

We cut a deal at ?500, I should be going down next week to get it. He assures me its absolutely spanking and has never even been strummed

The guys a collector and doesn't even play the guitar, hes got a few Tokais for sale actually if anyone's interested? Another LS85F and a pair of Limited Edition Tokai Anniversary LS1000's, 2 of only 100 made apparently, they'd be waaay outta my budget, but I'll get to see them at least.

Can anyone give me any tips on verifying its genuine?

Two screw truss rod?
Made In Japan stamp on back of neck?
Stamped serial on back of neck?
Made In Japan electronics?

I have the serial number.

Cheers.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdsmith wrote:
JVsearch wrote:
nickdsmith wrote:
And that Gibson will be rubbish in comparison to the Tokai.

Played it have you?

Personally I really detest Silverburst, but that L6 type is so different to a LP that I don't think the OP should consider it if a LP type is what they want.

OK so perhaps I was exaggerating a bit.
But I'm sure we'd all agree that a Tokai that would cost new today more than that Gibson would be a better made guitar.

I think the Tokai would probably have better build quality (and probably at all price levels), but in my experience build quality is not the only factor in getting a good sounding guitar.

I do have a soft spot for Gibson though (as the creator of the LP and other beautiful designs who wouldn't?), and never had any issues with the ones I've owned in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: