Replacement pick up rings for Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chesterreddragon

Reaction score
Hi all. The pick up rings on my 2007 quilt top Love Rock (zebra pups) have both cracked through and the replacements I've bought (from Axetec) don't fit as well. Anyone out there found replacements that properly fit Love Rock guitars?

Well, rings are tricky because size-metric parts in Tokais-. I would guess they are Gotoh made parts.Just measure then and check for some same size rings. I can say you Goldo rings don not fit (slightly bigger) and vintage size ones like Gil Yaron replicas for example are very slightly smaller (barely notices however). I would go for Montreaux ones but they are expensive. Contact Philadelphia Luthiers and check for proper size ones.
Rings crack because they are not CAB made and are not flexible so try curved ones.
I had that issue in a LS-70 2001 made.

Good luck.

Hey Luis, thanks for the reply. I found another thread on this matter that found gibson classic ones fit well. I've ordered a set so we'll see, pricey though!

Interesting to know Gibson ones fit. I do not like them because the colour but you have to forget it if there is not another way to get them.

Latest posts

Back