"E" series grey bottoms Q

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serial

Reaction score
What year were these produced. I have a set that came in my '78 lefty Fender Strat and I love them. The happiest I've been with a Strat sound since, oddly enough, my '86 Tokai AST-62 that I bought new (in bright opaque yellow, no less!) in 86. Been a Tokai fan since 85-my first Breezysound...

No one? Hmmm-that's surprising. Anyone have info or can direct me to the letter codes on the bottoms if these pickups?

Standard grey bottoms with the large ink-stamped "E". I've seen other early-80s era grey bottoms with other letters. These pickups are among the best I've ever had in a Strat and wouldn't mind shopping for another set or a guitar with these in it.

No pics at the moment and I'm gigging the guitar regularly at the moment, so can't get time to get it apart for pics.

i was understanding that there was some "Q" stamp on the bottom... :oops:

do a search through the forum, you'll find a lot of things... :wink:

Hello Serial.

There happened some changes in Tokai specs since 1983, and as far as as you got a AST intended for USA market, specs would change slightly. I had an AST-56 with grey bottom pickups no letter and those were very good sounding.

I am sorry not being so helpful as I would like.

PS:Congrats because Hamer book being published finally.

I did a search, but didn't see anything about years produced.

Thanks Luis!! Very excited about that!

Back