• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Having a clear out .....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbury

Reaction score
I?m having a big clear-out. There?s a new and expensive purchase coming my way which must be paid for, and with the passing of the years I find myself playing more acoustic and less electric.

I?m in west London and if anyone wants save me the hassle of shipping stuff and take the chance to play first and buy second, then all serious inquiries are welcome - come and have a go ?.

PM me for pictures and more info. There are just too many to upload on a lazy Sunday afternoon!

1) 1981 Greco Super Real EGF 1200 . Dry-Zs. Bought about 4 years ago off another forum member. Original hard case. Excellent condition.
2) 1981 Greco Super Real SE-1200 Nat + oil finish. 1 piece body, hard case, Dimarzio pick-ups. Excellent Condition. Bought from Villager (Mark @ Japan Guitars).
3) Tokai ST-60 Springy. Spag Logo, Black. Excellent condition. Hard case.
4) Te 80A (perhaps 120A). Late ?80s, near mint, hard case. There?s some debate about what?s an 80 and what?s a 120 with the TE As. ?A? stands for ash and this is a drop-dead gorgeous 1-piece body with enough inlay to keep Liberace happy. Stunning!
5) I?m also having a pedal clear out: lots of Tokai distortion, metal driver, chorus, phaser, delay, flanger, compressor etc etc. Also some more modern stuff like a Zoom G2.1u, a Zoom GFX-3, Marshall Blues Breaker. SOLD
6) A PRS SE single cut. About 3 yrs old. Well played and gigged a bit with some minor dings to headstock and body. Soft case. About ?600 when new and terrific value for money SOLD
7) A Gretsch Electromatic Hollow Body. 1-yr old and in excellent condition (1 small ding on headstock) + original hard case. Was about ?600 new. Another great value guitar SOLD
8) 1 pair of Dry Zs. SOLD

For those that know me, I?m keeping the LS-80, St-80, SA-1200 Super Real and the spag logo TE 120A. That?s enough for me!

The TE A is rare and more than a bit exotic ... so here are a few pictures:

IMG_0023-1.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

120-b.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Here's the EGF 1200 Super Real. The pic of the back is not great. There are some small dings around the edge. Anything you can see elsewhere on the back is a reflection.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Aloha,

I remember you buying the 1981 EGF-1200 from me..... very cool top..... here are 58 pictures that hopefully can help sell the guitar. :D

Cliff

http://s302.beta.photobucket.com/user/cliffjordan1/library/Gone%20but%20not%20forgotten/1981%20Greco%20EGF-1200?#/user/cliffjordan1/library/Gone%20but%20not%20forgotten/1981%20Greco%20EGF-1200?&_suid=135304643270308270989194931617

CliffsComicWorld said:
Aloha,

I remember you buying the 1981 EGF-1200 from me..... very cool top..... here are 58 pictures that hopefully can help sell the guitar. :D

Cliff

Hi! Many thanks for the pictures. I guessing from the greeting that you're still out there in the middle of the Pacific? Seems a lifetime ago that I collected it from Seattle. And there's still a beer outstanding!

Beautiful guitar and a real wrench letting it go.

I'm starting to post items on ebay. Over the next couple of weeks there will be more going up. Pedals, guitars etc ... I have a new guitar and a new-old motorbike to pay for, so pls help keep and old rocker rolling!

My ebay id is: richardw7338

Hi! Is the springy still available?
Could I have pics and spec, do you know date?
Money waiting for the right Springy!

Hi,
The ash Breezysound is a TE-80A - No mistake.
I am interested in the ST-60 BB black if you could send pics and a price

thanks Peter

Peter Mac said:
Hi,
The ash Breezysound is a TE-80A - No mistake.
I am interested in the ST-60 BB black if you could send pics and a price

thanks Peter

Yes- I agree that it's a TE-80A, but there some well informed Tokai experts around who don't agree with us and think it might be a TE-120A. However, I also have a TE-120A and it's a different beast. That said - they're both beautiful.

The ST-60 ihas just gone on ebay. I'll pm you.

Also, the Super Real EGF 1200 is now sold.

Different neck, pups and tone. And the 120a glows warm and golden - even the inlay. The 80A is more silvery - the inlay too. The difference in colour is not age - I think it goes with the model.

They're quite a pair. Together they'd upstage any Diva :)

Latest posts

Back