1981 LS-50 Sold - relisted by buyer for nearly $1000 more

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
Wouldn't you think the guy would wait until the old listing was down?

New listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-TOKAI-LS-50-Love-Rock-LP-Standard-RARE-Black-Beauty-MIJ-Japan-LAWSUIT-NICE-/110965741474?pt=Guitar&hash=item19d612d7a2

Original listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/81-Tokai-LS50-Love-Rock-MIJ-/130775870756?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e72d96d24&nma=true&si=A%2Fm%2Ftb1nRK%2BKTJVMhKsnJTpy7XQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yeah, that's Tommy's House of Wayward Guitars - aka "greuvin". Wasn't he on this forum at one time?

I've called him out before on some of his ridiculous prices and bullsh*t claims of stuff he's selling. But he has 100% positive feedback on 1800+ transactions. That gives me faith that I can say anything, price it where ever I want and someone just might buy it.......

Freebird said:
Wouldn't you think the guy would wait until the old listing was down?

That' not his style, he's pretty shameless.

His asking prices are always good for a laugh but I think he has sold quite a few guitars. I wouldn't be interested anywhere near that price but some people are, I guess.

A black 1981 LS-50 is a great utility guitar in the $750 - 900 range. But nowadays you can get one of those Gibson tributes for about the same money so buyers have lots of options.

Freebird, two things:

First he bought it fairly inexpensively. Secondly, he's in business.

Can't blame him really though it probably feels cheap.

Once I sell something, I let all of the emotional attachment go too.

f5joe said:
Freebird, two things:

Huh? Not sure I can understand?

He's using the "there's a sucker born every minute" pricing model, or the "look into my eyes, only my eyes" model, or the "the GFC didn't happen" model.

Chancer! :lol:

JVsearch said:
f5joe said:
Freebird, two things:

He's using the "there's a sucker born every minute" pricing model, or the "look into my eyes, only my eyes" model, or the "the GFC didn't happen" model.

I didn't say it was 'right'. There are any manner of pricing tactics including those you alude to. Don't like it .... don't buy it. Works for me.

f5joe said:
JVsearch said:
f5joe said:
Freebird, two things:

I didn't say it was 'right'. There are any manner of pricing tactics including those you alude to. Don't like it .... don't buy it. Works for me.

Well yes, that works for me too.

I just couldn't work out if you were defending the guy or not.

JVsearch said:
I just couldn't work out if you were defending the guy or not.

It's hard to imagine too many people on the forum supporting his point of view, mostly because he is a little generous with the hype in his product descriptions. Then you have his outrageous asking prices 200% of actual market value for low end models.

People sell stuff for more (or less) than they bought it all the time. Some people buy stuff just to resell. If you go to his website you can see that's what he does. Just like any other (car, guitar, gun, real estate) broker out there. So, big deal on that, basically :)

He may also offer other value, like a money back guarantee or something.

Selling on ebay pretty much means buyers can come back at you if there's any thing wrong with an item.

This site exists to inform people about Tokais (and others) and in my mind that also includes pointing out to people when somebody is taking the piss. That way, the knowledge is out there for those that bother to look.

Back