Bacchus Classic "Relic"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozgrecofanatic

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just won this one on Rinkya last night. I know that there is very little info online about the Classic series but how could I resist a Sonic Blue/rosewood Strat with Relic finish?? Well, I couldn't. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom to share on this model? I'd be interested to know if the quality of these is similar to the Vintage Series.

https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-m100608480

Dave :D

That is from the Craft Series which is the series below the Handmade Series.

I can't say for sure how these new series levels compare into the old scheme, but your relic certainly looks to have the same level of parts as the Vintage Series did.

Also Craft is priced about where the Vintage Series left off so it must be pretty close I would have thought.

Here is a quote from a Bacchus webpage:

"Close to high-end quality models. High cost performance model to overcome the common sense of the price range.
Aiming for the best cost performance, a new factory built. Lineup of confidence to introduce solid technology by skilled artisans, we have created a high degree of accuracy. Was accomplished by separating from the custom line, the ultimate price - quality - Thailand."

I don't know what that means to be honest as it came via a translator.

There's also this from Japan Vintage Guitars (scroll down):
http://www.japanvintageguitars.com/Bacchus History.html

$500 for a nice relic Strat seems like a good deal. Yeah I know it will end up more than that, but I think you got it for a good price still. I like relics!

ozgrecofanatic said:
Hi all.

Just won this one on Rinkya last night. I know that there is very little info online about the Classic series but how could I resist a Sonic Blue/rosewood Strat with Relic finish?? Well, I couldn't. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom to share on this model? I'd be interested to know if the quality of these is similar to the Vintage Series.

https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-m100608480

Dave :D

Ah, so that was you! I was watching that for a few days, very nice relic job done according to the photos.

I haven't had a Vintage strat YET so I can't comment on the rest.

That strat is from the Classic series Gammy, just like yours but with the relic job.

Has it arrived yet? I was watching that one, looks to be a good one. I have a Classic LP relic model and the finish they used is much thinner than on the regular Classic LPs. I bet the neck on yours has a similar thin finish too from the looks of it.

Hey Wulf...

Yes it has arrived. Very impressive relic job and quite a thin finish too. I believe it is a top lacquer finish. There are places where you can see the white undercoat. It is very tasteful and I honestly don't know how they can get this ageing to look so realistic. They've even put a circular sticker mark on there as if you had it on for a decade and then removed it!!

The lacquer cracking etc. is so authentic as well. It needs a bit of intonation work and I've also sent it to my luthier to get the tone mod and lower the action. The pickups are quite different to my other Bacchus that has Yutas in it. These are more "bright" and have more "zing" in them.

Will post some better pics when I get it back.

Dave

Latest posts

Back