Greco Electric bass

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
If it says Greco Electric bass on the headstock and it looks lke a P bass is it any good? What year is it?

No serial number?
Then it's probably a pre 75 Greco.
Personally I find Greco guitars start to be good in 1977.
I would not buy any pre 77 Greco.

No serial I'm looking at pictures but it looks good as far as I can tell. It doesn't look off in any way.
kometora_kan-img450x600-1346577567aafuhp86110.jpg

kometora_kan-img600x450-1346577568lusdys86110.jpg

kometora_kan-img450x600-1346577567szvntz86110.jpg

A Gneco model...I read they changed the logo mid `70`s to Greco...but I read it on line so keep that in mind...had a really nice Gneco 335 type for a while, sold it and the buyer is really happy with it so hope yours works out.

Its a genuine greco, but it's from the Matsumoku factory before they moved production to fujigen. You won't know how good it is till you get it. Nice old wood though thats for sure. Some people say these guitars were less to spec to what they were copying than the later fujigen production.

Thanks for that. I had 2 pro bass players look at the pics and both said BUY IT! They thought it looked perfect. So I guess I'll find out. It was $140. :>)

It looks to be in very nice shape for it's age, $140 i don't think you can go wrong, i love a nice natural. Love those old key type machine heads also. So funky. You have money to spare if you think you want to swap the pups. Enjoy.

Did their P bas PU's ever reach the sound of their Humbuckers or P90"s? I need a full lesson on Greco I got the Les Pauls down now for everything else. I'm interested in a Tele and an Sg and maybe more.

Bass kicks ***. :) vintage p bass tone and vibe. I tracked it on 2 songs on my new Shine On cd that will be out end of Oct. it's all Greco

Then it's probably a pre 75 Greco.
Personally I find Greco guitars start to be good in 1977.

Latest posts

Back