Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hunter Guitar Limited Edition SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Hunter Guitar Limited Edition SC Reply with quote

I got this guitar recently and had to laugh, it was shipped to me with the strings loose, i started to wind up the thin E string and it broke, had a look and the bridge saddles were completely wrong for the strings . Fixed that, new strings and plugged her in and could barely hear the humbuckers, they worked yes but so poorly i thought it impossible they could sound so thin/cheap whatever. Contact sprayed the pots, no difference, then i did the selector switch and after about 5 minutes of switching to get the stuff worked in one of the pickups roared to life !!! Gave it another spray and soon after i got both pickups working like i presume they should. Quite a difference.

Usually i just take my guitars in to my tech to have setups done, bugs worked out, but since i got this guitar on the cheap i decided to see what i could do with it myself. What i'm wondering is what caused the sound to still work but only work at about a 6th of what it should have ?? Dust ?? Is there probably something more going on with the electronics that i should be aware of ?? Anyway here is the guitar, it has it's serial number on the last fret. It's #5. Made in Korea. Its not a half bad guitar now.

Yes my photography skills suck, i found a place selling #7 of my guitar that has better shots and the specs of the guitar.

http://www.mesonline.com/guitar_electric/huntersc/details_hunter_sc.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: