HONDO II strat... from a public rubbish bin...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesyrat

Reaction score
A lucky friend of mine was looking for an electric guitar for his eleven years old son... well, he found it... near a rubbish bin.
Someone get rid of it... it was totally written on the body, only four strings, no pickguard screws, no sound...

It was an HONDO II strat, mid 70's i presume, four bolt narrow neckplate, horrible bridge, large headstock, three piece of alder, three alnico pick up very bright, very late '60 early '70 recalling sound, three positions switch, 500k pots(!)

he gave me for a resurrection work that is gone very well and the guitar is screaming now in the little boy's hands...

P6160027.jpg

P6160023.jpg

other pics here... http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s439/Francesco_Moriconi/HONDO II Dario/

does anyone have some info?

I also own one, but mine is complete in black. I couldn't find the right model number. I read somewere that this is a Hondo II HFS-313 model, but I'm not sure. I cant find a model number, but I've found one on the interne that looks exactly like mine, and the serial number was printed on a sticker on the back side of the guitar. I think someone deatached the sticker from the guitar.

Latest posts

Back