Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

89 Greco Super Real SA-700 on the way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: 89 Greco Super Real SA-700 on the way Reply with quote

Just pulled the trigger on this creampuff.... should be here next week from Austin. Hard to find alot of info on these later Super Reals (they came out again in 88 and 89 only for the SA models). Has Fralin pickups in it but the originals are being sent. No markings on the back of them.... curious.

bluesyrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atta boy!

p.s. did you see this recent
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=156561#156561 ?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesyrat wrote:
Atta boy!

p.s. did you see this recent
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=156561#156561 ?

I sure did... that one is a beauty. Noticed that the F holes are bound too. Real pretty. I just love these lighter, amber bursts. I already have a 91 SA64-90 in a similar finish. Took me awhile to get used to the 60's taper neck but now I like them....

Looks like the one I just bought belonged to seller Chingo before.... here's the link and a ton of pics:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220954757653
ozgrecofanatic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: New SA700 Reply with quote

Marcus...

Nice work on the SA! I was just having a look at the one I bought and I COMPLETELY missed the fact the "F" holes were bound! Gee I hope that means it's a high model! Dammmit you've got me all excited again!! It'll be a partner to my other SA-64-70. Have a look at her here.

http://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae102/newieboy/Greco%20Ladies%20in%20the%20sun/?action=view&current=SDC10823.jpg

I also note that the colour of yours is similar to the one I bought. Not really Tobacco SB but more reds and yellows.........interesting!

Cheers

Dave
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.... I'm giddy with excitement.

Yeah, your new one is a peach - never seen one with bound F holes - you've also got the larger block inlays that start on the first fret.... very cool. That SA64 of yours is sweet too..... aren't they great guitars??

Here's my 91 SA64-90..... same amber color. It has the Greco Screamin' pickups in it. These have ceramic magnets and they get mixed reviews but I've got to say that these are some of the fattest sounding humbuckers I have:

ozgrecofanatic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Greco SA700 Reply with quote

Marcus...

Yes I've seen that SA64-90 of yours before and it inspired me to try and find one in that colour hence my bid on the unknown SA the other day. They are outstanding guitars and should get just as many kudos as the L.P's IMHO. My SA64-70 came with '57 classics already installed so I don't know about the Screamin' pickups much. It has a wide, flat neck and is a joy to play! Rich, full and jangly if needed but on the bridge with crunch it really howls.

I'm not a fan of L.P.s at all really. I sold my EGF850 last year because it just didn't sound like I wanted it to. The PU-2 pickups that command so much attention here just didn't do it for me at all. I know some people love them but to me a humbucker REALLY shines with some AIR to work with.

Dave

Love the semis.
avivens
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subsidiary of the main block is ensured for the future generations. All the usages of the ukbestessay are marked for the persons. It is ensured for the injection of the fluid for the future offers for the persons.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.... an old post of mine bumped back up thanks to a spammer. Sold that Greco..... really a great guitar. Still have my SA64-90 though...
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 2012 was a good year anyway. lol
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:

that that guy on the right with the harmonica looks like Hash Brown

I'm still kicking myself for not buying that Henry Qualls Strat he had for sale @ the Dallas Guitar Show 30 years ago
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Hash.... one of my long time best pals. He's also the front man in our band The Superkings. I remember that strat of Henry's
Freebird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice acquisition. You look good playing it. Itís probably time to sell me your White Greco SG Junior. ; )
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird wrote:
Nice acquisition. You look good playing it. Itís probably time to sell me your White Greco SG Junior. ; )

That SA700 is gone but I still have my Mint Collection SA64-90 and I may be selling that soon.... time to clear some gear.

Fortunately, that white Junior doesn't take up a lot of space. Check your PM's
selin
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love song music
i love Guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: