My fun project

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Felling a little boring those days I just bought me a Hamer Explorer model:

http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=1987

I found it in a blow out list from a musicstore for 398 euros which is more than fair equipped with genuine SD SH1 and SH4 pickups.The body came with a little chip on the backside but nothing serious and is made from 7 pieces... :lol: But that thing feels alive and is very resonant.Hardware is completely crap ! I was not able to get this guitar in tune but that was clear before.Tuners are crap,bridge is crap with crappy saddles and the nut is crap as well...So I took 100 euros more for a faber tailpiece and gotoh bridge,gotoh tuners,new pots,new nut and some braided wire and will change that stuff in the next days.What makes me wonder is the craftmanship.I've seen more expensive guitars really terrible build but the work done on the hamer looks very good and professionel.I don't understand why the manufacturers do not invest 100 euros more for some quality parts and it would be a really nice explorer.Anyway I was looking for something to pimp and will have fun in the next days.

t.olsen said:
I don't understand why the manufacturers do not invest 100 euros more for some quality parts and it would be a really nice explorer.

just to allow you some extra fun!!! :lol:

Timo, Hamer imports are great value. They were made by Cort some years ago, then in China (XT series). Duncan pickups are "designed" ones (they were Korean made anytine not sure now),not made in USA stamped ones, unless someone replaced them, Jol Dantig and Seymour Duncan had a close relationship.
I highly recomend Hamer besides Tokai, you get a lot of guitar for the money. If I was looking for an Explorer or a V, my guitar would be a Hamer sure.

I agree Luis ! My guitar tech was amazed buy the build quality.She's there for a new nut and setup.The actual run is indonesian and the pickups described on their site as Duncan designed are true SDs.

SanktWendel-20120526-00053.jpg

SanktWendel-20120526-00052.jpg

The first impression was really good.Waiting for the setup done and perhaps go for a black pickguard and I will be happy :D

Latest posts

Back