Boracha La Cabronita Custom Build

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
I came across the Boracha La Cabronita a few months ago and fell in love with it. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I dug it. Not wanting to pay $5000 for one I decided to have Jason Banning of Banning Guitars build me a body and I put the rest together. It has an All Parts Chunky U shape neck, TV Jones Magnatron pickup and... well actually that's about it, there's not much to it - it's a pretty simple guitar but man does it sound killer! It is a super clear, powerful toned machine. It has single coil spank and clarity with humbucking silence and extra grit when you crank it up or stomp on the over-drive.

Jason is a great builder. I was able to select the plank of wood we used and over-saw the entire shaping, painting and relic'ing process. He's definitely a class act.

6f8e6e1c.jpg

4e075233.jpg

As I mentioned - Killer! It is a super clear, powerful toned machine. It has single coil spank and clarity with humbucking silence and extra grit when you crank it up or stomp on the over-drive.

It has great sustain as well. The body is Alder so it has some weight to it but I think the tonal qualities suit it well. It's the clearest sounding guitar I have owned. I would describe it as bell like clarity that cuts through without being abrasive. But crank up the tube amp and watch out!

Yes on both counts. It does have a belly cut and it is a light relic. It's basically a reverse jazzmaster. Super comfy to play, sitting or standing.

Very nice, I quite like it and think it would be cool in many colours etc. There really is something just right about a one pickup guitar.

Latest posts

Back