Greco eg700 thoughts please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustah

Reaction score
I won an auction on ebay recently [not yet paid] can I have some expert thoughts and opinions please on this before I pay please. thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360439386275?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_917wt_1344

The serial on the back of the headstock I'm assuming is sepr '79' would that be correct? and does it look right to you guys?

bustah said:
I won an auction on ebay recently [not yet paid] can I have some expert thoughts and opinions please on this before I pay please. thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360439386275?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_917wt_1344

The serial on the back of the headstock I'm assuming is sepr '79' would that be correct? and does it look right to you guys?

It's a nice guitar, EG-700 from September 79, is actually a copy or duplicate of the norlin era guitars gibson made, the sellers comments cracked me up after reading Greco were one of the Japanese companies (Tokai was another) that cashed in on the poor quality of US-built F*nd*rs and G*bs*ns in the late 70s , ironic, these seller descriptions just get better and better :lol: :lol:

But as the buyer you have a nice guitar!

The EG-700 Greco made back then, have some of the nicest plain tops IMHO, nice pickups, and nitro finish on the pre 1980 EG-700 I am sure....

Congratulations 8)

greco_burst said:
bustah said:

It's a nice guitar, EG-700 from September 79, is actually a copy or duplicate of the norlin era guitars gibson made, the sellers comments cracked me up after reading Greco were one of the Japanese companies (Tokai was another) that cashed in on the poor quality of US-built F*nd*rs and G*bs*ns in the late 70s , ironic, these seller descriptions just get better and better :lol: :lol:

But as the buyer you have a nice guitar!

The EG-700 Greco made back then, have some of the nicest plain tops IMHO, nice pickups, and nitro finish on the pre 1980 EG-700 I am sure....

Congratulations 8)

Thats great to hear! many thanks for the reply. :)

p.s do you know which pups are likely to be in this? I will post some pics when it arrives.

marcusnieman said:
Nice guitar.... pretty finish too. What's the weight on it? Some of the early ones were kind of hefty

Hi thanks, I havent received it yet but should be on its way soon, I will post pics, weight etc when it arrives.

of course not I just wanted to know if it was genuine, no one else bid both bids were placed by me.

The guitar arrived today. I never owned a Greco before but man this thing is beautiful! It oozes quality. Lovely plain top, a few dings and knocks on the back but nothing for me to worry about. I'm very impressed with it, it's much nicer than it looked in those pics on the auction.

I will take some pics tomorrow and weigh it etc [it is heavy though, for those who wanted to know] I havent plugged it in yet but the neck feels great to play! :D I'm very happy so far.

Back