• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gordon Smith GS1.60 with dogear P90 - NOW SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proflonghair

Reaction score
P1040481.jpg

I may well live to regret this... An impending silly financial decision forces sale. My Gordon Smith GS1.60, made to my specs last year. And my specs were pretty much classic LP Jr. specs (the build was prompted by me playing one of the Gibson reissues and being cross because it was so far from what a Jr should be like). Plenty of details in this thread over at shortscale, but in essence:

• - Gordon Smith GS1.60
    - Cedar body and neck (sounds the same as mahogany, GS will only use sustainable woods)
    - Thick body, side-mounted jack, control positions a la LP Jr.
    - 1 3/4" nut width, brass nut, 1" thick neck with slight taper - big but not unmanageable.
    - Factory fitted (but supplied by me) 3-on-a-side Klusons and Bareknuckle BKP90 Pickup (they've changed their range's names since, but it's their classic dogear - alnico 2, slightly underwound).

Tiny ding on the top back corner of the headstock (my standard twat the headstock on the ceiling manoeuvre). It sounds great and I love it to bits, but things are afoot here... Punting it out here for ?375. KAMIKAZE PRICE DROP TO ?325 TO AVOID EBAY. That's a guitar handmade in the UK for less than Epiphone money. Not too keen to ship, but would meet you halfway/50 miles from here, whichever's closest.

EDIT: a slightly unwieldy postal option, but I'll ship it to you in a (borrowed) hardcase for ?10 if you'll ship the empty hardcase back to me. Please note, this option isn't available if you're some confidence trickster...

Latest posts

Back