80's Burny Les Paul Junior single cut on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
Does this have a wierd horn shape or is just the viewing angle? Body looks a little thick too. Comments?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80s-BURNY-LES-P-JUNIOR-COPY-SET-NECK-SMOKING-P-90-ORIGNAL-HARD-CASE-/120858503153?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c23ba67f1

Freebird said:
So you think the horn is okay? I read on another post somewhere about the horns on these not being accurate to the Gibbys.

Hard to tell from those angles. Need to see it from a level, straight on perspective.

Seller says 1 3/4 inches. I believe that's more in line with the body thickness of a double cut Junior. I never owned a single cut only a double cut junior, so I'm not 100% positive. All the singles I've seen and played seemed to have a thinner body.

Freebird said:
Seller says 1 3/4 inches. I believe that's more in line with the body thickness of a double cut Junior. I never owned a single cut only a double cut junior, so I'm not 100% positive. All the singles I've seen and played seemed to have a thinner body.

I had an Orville single cut some time ago. Never noticed the body thickness or thinness.... should have paid attention. Big fat neck though.

Further research on my part seems to indicate that both single and double cut juniors had bodies that were about 1 3/4 inches thick.

Freebird said:
Further research on my part seems to indicate that both single and double cut juniors had bodies that were about 1 3/4 inches thick.

That makes sense. For all practical purposes, they are the same guitar with the difference being the cutouts. Me, I prefer the double cuts for the additional access up the neck. Wonder if the extra wood on the single cut has any effect on the tone.

Latest posts

Back