Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you make of this Love Rock:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supernout
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the worst attitude of those fishy guys is that they never tell you the model designation even if they know. they just want to let you think that their guitars are comparable in terms of value to $3k and upward guitars.
actually they sell the cheaper models with 2 or 3p backs, 14deg headstock angle, veneer tops, no fret edge binding and so on. sometimes they try to sell koreans modified to japanese looking ones just by swapping trc and cc plates.
just take a trip to tokio, walk around the corner and you'll be offered tons of used tokais LS-xx between 200 and 350$
joesl8
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supernout wrote:
i think the worst attitude of those fishy guys is that they never tell you the model designation even if they know. they just want to let you think that their guitars are comparable in terms of value to $3k and upward guitars.
actually they sell the cheaper models with 2 or 3p backs, 14deg headstock angle, veneer tops, no fret edge binding and so on. sometimes they try to sell koreans modified to japanese looking ones just by swapping trc and cc plates.
just take a trip to tokio, walk around the corner and you'll be offered tons of used tokais LS-xx between 200 and 350$

If you guys here know of any Japanese dealers that would sell Tokais to US customers, let me know! I'd like to get as many Tokais as I could at $300! I just bought an LS75Q VF, that I sold on EBay for $800. I just wanted to see the quality of the guitars (why I purchased it) and I was impressed. I didn't really make anything off of the guitar, since shipping, Paypal and Ebay took their turns reamming me!
If anybody knows where I could find them cheaper, share the knowledge, I'd like to buy a few more to keep and possibly sell in the US!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: