WTB a LS-160

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE RISING FORCE said:
well preferably Flame top,Violin finish. not the UK version.

I think you mean an LS150F AAA, not LS160.

Why do you have to order from Japan?

Not sure if it makes a difference to you but the flame top for that model is veneer, I believe. The lowest model with solid flame top now is the LS-195. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Jason

Does your B-day present have to be brand spankin' new or would you be interested in lightly used as well ???

Big Willie Style said:
Not sure if it makes a difference to you but the flame top for that model is veneer, I believe. The lowest model with solid flame top now is the LS-195. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Jason
I think the LS-150f have solid maple tops.

Diamond said:
THE RISING FORCE said:
well preferably Flame top,Violin finish. not the UK version.

I think you mean an LS150F AAA, not LS160.

Why do you have to order from Japan?
well Im looking to get a LS-160. I prefer flame tops though but a LS-250 is $1k more than LS160. My budget can only afford to buy a LS160.

you may want to check the LS-195 at Real Standard http://www.real-standard.com/stock/e-guitars.html
They have solid flamed tops and currently come with a nice discount (139K to 147K). The guys at real standard are very nice and helpful and you can communicate with them in english via e-mail.
They do not ship to US and Canada but you may then use a japanese re-sending company like tenso.com to have it shipped to their warehouse first and then to you. i did it when i bought mine and it worked perfectly.

Big Willie Style said:

Jason

The LS150 AAA is a SOLID flame maple top.

oligoplayer said:
you may want to check the LS-195 at Real Standard http://www.real-standard.com/stock/e-guitars.html
They have solid flamed tops and currently come with a nice discount (139K to 147K). The guys at real standard are very nice and helpful and you can communicate with them in english via e-mail.
They do not ship to US and Canada but you may then use a japanese re-sending company like tenso.com to have it shipped to their warehouse first and then to you. i did it when i bought mine and it worked perfectly.

The LS150F AAA and this LS195 are identical guitars...it's just that LS150F AAA is an "old" model name used a few years ago to describe a "Custom" UK order...and today I use the same name instead of a different name (LS195) to describe the guitar.

oligoplayer said:
I think Im going to get the LS195 instead of the ls160.Thanks for the info.

You are safe buying from Real Standard, very nice guy.Highly recomended.

I would also buy from Universe guitarshop if had any avalaible. That?s where we bought our firsts Tokais back in 2001 when we did not knew any other shop.

Back