WTB a LS-160

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE RISING FORCE said:
well preferably Flame top,Violin finish. not the UK version.

I think you mean an LS150F AAA, not LS160.

Why do you have to order from Japan?

Not sure if it makes a difference to you but the flame top for that model is veneer, I believe. The lowest model with solid flame top now is the LS-195. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Jason

Does your B-day present have to be brand spankin' new or would you be interested in lightly used as well ???

Big Willie Style said:
Not sure if it makes a difference to you but the flame top for that model is veneer, I believe. The lowest model with solid flame top now is the LS-195. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Jason
I think the LS-150f have solid maple tops.

Diamond said:
THE RISING FORCE said:
well preferably Flame top,Violin finish. not the UK version.

I think you mean an LS150F AAA, not LS160.

Why do you have to order from Japan?
well Im looking to get a LS-160. I prefer flame tops though but a LS-250 is $1k more than LS160. My budget can only afford to buy a LS160.

you may want to check the LS-195 at Real Standard http://www.real-standard.com/stock/e-guitars.html
They have solid flamed tops and currently come with a nice discount (139K to 147K). The guys at real standard are very nice and helpful and you can communicate with them in english via e-mail.
They do not ship to US and Canada but you may then use a japanese re-sending company like tenso.com to have it shipped to their warehouse first and then to you. i did it when i bought mine and it worked perfectly.

Big Willie Style said:

Jason

The LS150 AAA is a SOLID flame maple top.

oligoplayer said:
you may want to check the LS-195 at Real Standard http://www.real-standard.com/stock/e-guitars.html
They have solid flamed tops and currently come with a nice discount (139K to 147K). The guys at real standard are very nice and helpful and you can communicate with them in english via e-mail.
They do not ship to US and Canada but you may then use a japanese re-sending company like tenso.com to have it shipped to their warehouse first and then to you. i did it when i bought mine and it worked perfectly.

The LS150F AAA and this LS195 are identical guitars...it's just that LS150F AAA is an "old" model name used a few years ago to describe a "Custom" UK order...and today I use the same name instead of a different name (LS195) to describe the guitar.

oligoplayer said:
I think Im going to get the LS195 instead of the ls160.Thanks for the info.

You are safe buying from Real Standard, very nice guy.Highly recomended.

I would also buy from Universe guitarshop if had any avalaible. That?s where we bought our firsts Tokais back in 2001 when we did not knew any other shop.

Latest posts

Back