Mary Ford's Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Reaction score
IMG_0429_004.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mary-Fords-Personal-Gibson-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-History-Channels-Pawn-Stars-/220939792311?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5918607136727801641

86 bids and up to 97,900.00.......

Here is some history relating to the SG that might interest some...

Later, he (Les Paul) clearly voiced his non-participation but also the fact that he did not favour the SG-styled models carrying his name: "I was not happy with that guitar, I didn't like the horns, the cutaway...too sharp. Got up fast, you could injure your wrist. I said this guitar should have been okayed by me and it wasn't" The parting ways between Gibson and Les Paul was barely noticed and publicized. When Les' endorsement contract with Gibson came up for renewal in 1962, his musical partnership and married life with Mary ford was about to end. At the time, Les chose not to renew his association with Gibson and the prospect of a divorce from Mary even led him to contemplate the possiblility of going into semi-retirement. Anyway, as Ted McCarty simply puts it: "His name was droppped when the contract ran out at the time of his divorce. His name was taken off and we discontinued making a Les Paul guitar and made SG guitars."
All taken from the book Gibson Electrics - The Classic Years by A.R. Duchossoir

Latest posts

Back