• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Love Rock LS-80 1985 Black - Antique White For Sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bertwarbutton

Reaction score
I have my Black - Antique White Love Rock for sale... Serial # 5033760... In reviewing the data on the registry web site, I believe it to be an LS 80 model... I can send pictures as needed...

Brent Warkentin

Some comments...

1. This guitar was purchased about 9 years ago from a seller in Japan and then shipped to Canada.
2. It was shipped minus a case and thus a hard shell, Les Paul generic case was procured....
3. No changes to the guitar on my end from when I purchased it....
4. The guitar has some wear on the back and some dents that are hard to see with this camera... more details shots with my better camera would be required...
5. Serial number is as noted... and "stamped" into back of headstock...

6. Model... I agree there is some discrepancy in this as the 1985 catalog does indicate colour for the LS-50 BUT the other data on the site indicates that LS-50 had a 14deg headstock... in measuring this guitar the headstock is 18 degrees....

7. No additional stamps for LS-50 or LS-80 can be found....

Brent Warkentin

Quick pictures taken with my phone camera... link is at

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4VMOP-MYeagZWI1OGVkMGItMDY3OS00OTdiLTg3MjMtN2M1Y2NmZmJiZGQx

bertwarbutton said:
Some comments...

1. This guitar was purchased about 9 years ago from a seller in Japan and then shipped to Canada.
2. It was shipped minus a case and thus a hard shell, Les Paul generic case was procured....
3. No changes to the guitar on my end from when I purchased it....
4. The guitar has some wear on the back and some dents that are hard to see with this camera... more details shots with my better camera would be required...
5. Serial number is as noted... and "stamped" into back of headstock...

6. Model... I agree there is some discrepancy in this as the 1985 catalog does indicate colour for the LS-50 BUT the other data on the site indicates that LS-50 had a 14deg headstock... in measuring this guitar the headstock is 18 degrees....

7. No additional stamps for LS-50 or LS-80 can be found....

Brent Warkentin

Quick pictures taken with my phone camera... link is at

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4VMOP-MYeagZWI1OGVkMGItMDY3OS00OTdiLTg3MjMtN2M1Y2NmZmJiZGQx

Maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but the 1985 catalogue indicates that the LS-80 (at that point, different from previous years) also had a 14 degree headstock angle.

1985 is an odd year for Tokai as discussed here recently :D

Mine is a 1985 LS50, 18 degree headstock, one piece back, two piece maple plain top. Bell TRC and "open book" non export headstock.

It seems that it is the Nitro finish only that would determine it as an 80. Mine is definitely poly, albeit very thin on the maple.

Barks

Brent where are you located, perhaps the Phantom could see, touch feel the guitar

a color the Phantom remembers oh quite well

New hamburg, ON... 1/2hr west of Kitchener,ON .. I travel frequently for work so let me know where you are and I may be able to meet up. Brent

bertwarbutton said:
New hamburg, ON... 1/2hr west of Kitchener,ON .. I travel frequently for work so let me know where you are and I may be able to meet up. Brent

Oh Boy - I sense The Phantom striking.

Freebird said:
bertwarbutton said:

Of course the Phantom will strike especially since he found a marvellous flame maple under black laquer :lol:

t.olsen said:
Freebird said:
bertwarbutton said:

Of course the Phantom will strike especially since he found a marvellous flame maple under black laquer :lol:

The Phantom will strike only if is not a heavy weight guitar.

bertwarbutton - We don't know the weight yet>What is it?

Phantom said:
Brent where are you located, perhaps the Phantom could see, touch feel the guitar

a color the Phantom remembers oh quite well

I think it'd be worth it just to meet The Phantom in person. Who would care then if he bought the guitar or not? If you set this up Brent, would you be willing to The Phantom's autograph for me. The Spike would be grateful?

I guess it would all have to take place in the dead of night, somewhere remote perhaps?

If you finally met the phantom, who is to say it is the real phantom. Is it the real phantom or somone pretending to be the phantom or the phantom pretending to be someone pretending to be he phantom. Your in a world of third party bluff and double bluff.

Latest posts

Back