Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gordon Smith GS1.60 with dogear P90 - NOW SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proflonghair
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Gordon Smith GS1.60 with dogear P90 - NOW SOLD Reply with quote

I may well live to regret this... An impending silly financial decision forces sale. My Gordon Smith GS1.60, made to my specs last year. And my specs were pretty much classic LP Jr. specs (the build was prompted by me playing one of the Gibson reissues and being cross because it was so far from what a Jr should be like). Plenty of details in this thread over at shortscale, but in essence:

- Gordon Smith GS1.60
    - Cedar body and neck (sounds the same as mahogany, GS will only use sustainable woods)
    - Thick body, side-mounted jack, control positions a la LP Jr.
    - 1 3/4" nut width, brass nut, 1" thick neck with slight taper - big but not unmanageable.
    - Factory fitted (but supplied by me) 3-on-a-side Klusons and Bareknuckle BKP90 Pickup (they've changed their range's names since, but it's their classic dogear - alnico 2, slightly underwound).

Tiny ding on the top back corner of the headstock (my standard twat the headstock on the ceiling manoeuvre). It sounds great and I love it to bits, but things are afoot here... Punting it out here for ?375. KAMIKAZE PRICE DROP TO ?325 TO AVOID EBAY. That's a guitar handmade in the UK for less than Epiphone money. Not too keen to ship, but would meet you halfway/50 miles from here, whichever's closest.

EDIT: a slightly unwieldy postal option, but I'll ship it to you in a (borrowed) hardcase for ?10 if you'll ship the empty hardcase back to me. Please note, this option isn't available if you're some confidence trickster...

Last edited by proflonghair on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
proflonghair
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with a price drop I may yet live to regret...
proflonghair
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sold x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: