could you clear up some confusion in the wiring of my guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesblues

Reaction score
I have just installed some pickups in my Love Rock and I'm a little confused with the wiring as it does not seem to be right for the neck pickup. (This is the first time I have done any work on the electrics of any guitar).

looking at relevant wiring diagrams it seems to me that the hot wire from the pick up should go to the left hand lug on the volume pot and a wire should go from there to the tone pot, with the middle lug being connected to the switch and the right hand lug connected to the ground on the pot. That is how the wiring is for the bridge side of things.

However when I wired the neck pick up that way, there was no sound from it at all. so I tried wiring it to the middle lug which is in turn connected to the switch not the tone pot and I got sound from the pickup.

Can anyone tell me if this ok/not ok, why it should happen and if I should be doing something to sort it. Anything else I should know about would be most welcome.

Thanks
Les

This is a very good resource that may help you:

http://www.dominocs.com/AshBassGuitar/

good luck!

Latest posts

Back