My Youtube overview and demo of LC85S Les Paul Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S58CL-IAKOT

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FU7DQK92iw

Made this for the guitar I received about 6 weeks ago. Im very pleased with it and keen to spread the word about just how good those tokai guitar are. I yanked the pickguard straight off within 20 mins of playing it,Im so not a fan of Les Paul pickguards :lol:

I put up footage showing how nicely tokai guitars are made, and some asshat registers a dislike against it, dont know why I even bother :roll:

Don?t let it get to you. You're in good company, some great video?s from Acyslounge, Mattukgtr and PjhSA also have a ?dislike?.
Maybe it?s from one and the same person with a grudge against Tokai. :D

I just dont understand the impetus to chuck up a dislike and not even have the balls to say why. The sound quality of the demo i did was pretty grim as ive got neighbours with young kids, so the volume was a mere whisper with no dynamics, bloom and minimal impact. I thought the overview of the gtr would let viewers see just how much time and care goes into making tokai gtrs. I guess haters will hate and anonymity whilst huddling up in front of their pc screen gives them the bravado to be nasty to people..................its a pity :roll:

Maybe they don't like the talking, see that a lot. But still no need to dislike, they could have just moved on. Don't take it personal.

You're taking that dislike way to personal.

It's friggin Youtube - people are most likely to click within the first 5 seconds.
If it makes you feel any better: I gave you an upvote. :wink:

Good video.
I bought the exact same model, colour a couple of years ago and I agree on the review, absolutely spot on guitars especially for someone like me who isn't into sunburst, flame, quilts etc the customs are right up my street.
It was up till last week the best guitar I own but I have just been lucky enough to acquire a LS160s Gold top with P90's off a forum member which is
quite simply amazing although I wouldn't say no to a black LC one day. :D
Stax

with me , guitars HAVE to be poly finished. my sweat must be sulphuric acid or something as no matter which nitro guitar i play, the neck sticks to my fret hand palm like glue,yet ive no such issues when it comes to poly. i played a killer ls150 before i bought my lc85s and the neck played for me like it was covered in treacle, nobody else had any issues whatsoever. not complaining though, a guitar the like of the lc85s for ?700 is a total no brainer for me.

Yea the finish on the new one is lacquer over poly by all accounts but I wouldn't say I have any preference either way and I'm lucky enough not to have any problems. I did two gigs this weekend with it and all was well apart from a fair bit of noise from the P90's on the first gig although on the second one they were silent.

I'm new to Les Pauls but I did actually try the custom up against two Gibson
customs a friend of mine (who doesn't play guitar ) won at auction and I know we've all heard it before but the Tokai was better than the Gibson's imo.

I once owned an ivory white gibson les paul custom from the late 80s and that thing was a beast. its one and only drawback at the time was its weight, it was impeccably built ..........but weighing in at 11lbs meant it had to go and that was a shame.

Latest posts

Back