Heerby sa-700 ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exmachina

Reaction score
Hi, just new here, I'm looking for an advice on this Heerby SA-700 that I (perhaps) plan to buy. Any advice about overall quality and price will be welcome. Thanks in advance, Dany from Belgium
viewer.php
[/URL]

Very high quality guitars, Kasuga made. Kasuga produced the early Navigators too. If you don't buy it, I will :wink:

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/heerby/197x/en_p0506.html

Thanks Jacco, what would be a correct price for this one that seems in overall good state? Do you have an idea? Seller asks for 800 ?

Hard to say for there is no good reference because of rarity. Including that case and good condition, 800 sounds right to me.

Yes, it's in fact very difficult to find some info on the web except the same catalog exerpt. Very few people semm to have or have had one, or even seen.
Because of this, it's very difficult to give an average price, some peopole saying that it can' be sold for the same price than an equivalent Greco, or Orville.
Seems to be equivalent in quality to a Greco sa 500 I think

Thanks for your help, any more advice welcome.

Dany

Maybe you can use this for price reference.

http://ps04.aucfan.com/aucview/yahoo/m86904921/20110315/

http://aucfan.com/aucview/yahoo/d120767952/

Thanks for the links, felixcatus. Well, I'm a total newbie to japanese market, so , please would you help ?
As I can see, average value based on the yen conversion would be near 400 ?? But there are taxes, custom, shipping to add? So how would it cost for one of these, to compare with the one on my first post post (it's 800 shipping included)?

Dany

Exmachina said:
Seems to be equivalent in quality to a Greco sa 500 I think

No, 70s Greco's have maple necks, this one has a maho neck.
It has body specs in between a 70s SA-550 & SA-700. In total I would scale it on par with a SA-700.

Exmachina said:
Thanks for the links, felixcatus. Well, I'm a total newbie to japanese market, so , please would you help ?
As I can see, average value based on the yen conversion would be near 400 ?? But there are taxes, custom, shipping to add? So how would it cost for one of these, to compare with the one on my first post post (it's 800 shipping included)?

Dany

You can't buy direct from Yahoo Japan, you need a middle man which adds fees. My experience is that in total 38000 yen = around 700 euro incl fees, shipment & taxes.

I?ve never imported a guitar from Japan, but here?s my guess.

For Belgium: Import tax 21%+ customs charges 5%+ Shipping cost (add to the 21% import tax), depend on way of transportation and seller( by sea 100? or air 150?).

You can't buy direct from Yahoo Japan, you need a middle man which adds fees. My experience is that in total 38000 yen = around 700 euro incl fees, shipment & taxes.

I don't want to buy direct from Japan in fact, it was just to have some idea of the total cost to compare. So 700 would be a good price for this Heerby?

For Belgium: Import tax 21%+ customs charges 5%+ Shipping cost (ad to the 21% import tax), depend on way of transportation and seller( by sea 100? or air 150?).

So, this confirms Jacco's estimation in fact. I guess an equivalent to this in a better known label (Greco, Tokai) would be more expansive, isn't it?

Thanks to everyone, I have some elements to bettezr evaluate this buying project...
Cheers, Dany

Life is funny; was waiting for seller's bank informations to pay and another one comes to me with a '79 Greco A-700 in very good state.
Here a few pics :

Same price, not open book, though.
Any advice welcome, I suppose it's very comparable quality, so it's hard to choose.

I can?t comment on the quality, because I don?t know either of them. To me, if the condition and quality is equal the most important would be the neck shape/profile.

Hi, felixcatus,

You're right, but I can't have a try ; AFAIK the neck profile of both are in the same ballpark, in the 50's Gibson familiy, perhaps a little thinner. If this is exact, it's ok for me, I don't like very thin necks.

Yes, that's an argument... but this one isn't horrible as some Aria pro II or so... it's quite near the real thing, but with some personality

Latest posts

Back