Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help to date and identify a Cat's Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guithard
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: need help to date and identify a Cat's Eyes Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you guys help me Id and date this Cat's Eyes CE-400 Cf that was offered me for 400 euros?
this is the serial number: 4000054. Do you think this is a true CE-400? i've seen different versions on the net, really better made and refined, for exemple this one doesn't have a binding on the neck.. seems to be a lower version. do you think can be a good buy or not? Any other information on this guitar will be really appreciated,
Thanks,

Lorenzo

here are some pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113519317081405599052/TokaiCe400cf?authkey=Gv1sRgCOeDi_v0wZOQvwE
guithard
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there..
no one can help me? possible?
i 'm in a hurry for this buying, please help me!
guithard
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: still no one replying.. Reply with quote

please give help..
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yours would be a 1984
There were two CE-400's available, the CE-400 and CE-400-CF, both have 7 digit serial, both have first digit 4, for a 1984. The earlier CE-400 (pre 1981) have 6 digit serial, with the last two digits being the year.

The CE-400 has Spruce veneer top, indian rosewood back and sides,
The CE-400- CF has Spruce top (not known if solid, check it), mahogany back and sides.

This link might help for the difference between the two (more detail)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.wave440.com/cats_eyesold.html&usg=ALkJrhg5XoZy_-s4V9IMOjYCx1kjdyj6xA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: